1/48 Revell F-15E Strike Eagle, 90th FS Alaska

On 12/2/2016 at 2:31 PM, Mr.Happy said:

Beauty 😎

I like the fade on your paint job👌

Great at work Fighting Eighty Four.

On 12/2/2016 at 2:36 PM, Bravosierra001 said:

Very well done! I really like the finish!

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, I appreciate the kind words!

On 12/2/2016 at 4:19 PM, Jbbusybee said:

Wonderful work, really inspiring, thanks for the weathering description.

Thanks!  It really makes me happy to hear that any of my work inspires someone.  Lord knows how much inspiration I got from all of the great work on this site when I first started building in 2014.

On 12/3/2016 at 8:23 AM, huatoz said:

Superb! especially nicely detailed cockpit and shading of exhaust pipes area!!! 

Thanks huatoz!  I am really pleased with the exahaust, I had to go in a couple of times to get it just right.  The first time I had a little too much gold tint to the heat shielding area..

290136-16625-33.jpg

290138-16625-61.jpg

290135-16625-19.jpg

So I went in and toned it down a little with some Alcald Airframe Aluminum.  I actually kinda liked the overly-gold look to the exhausts, but it just wasn't very accurate.

On 12/3/2016 at 11:48 PM, picknpluck said:

Outstanding work! I was teaching STRYKERs at Ft. Richardson in 2004 and watched those birds taking off out of Elmendorf--we were right near the end of the runway. The vertical takeoff in full burner is an impressive sight to behold!

Thanks PnP!  Man, how cool must that have been?  I really love when someone has a connection to one of my project subjects.  Thanks so much for sharing that with me!

18 hours ago, viper730 said:

Thats just TOO GOOD! outstanding Job overall but I really Liked the way the exhaust came out..

Thanks so much for the kind words viper!

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Wow! Gorgeous!  And thanks for the painting tips.  I plan on doing three of these kits with 366th FW markings.

Thanks Dutch!  Glad to know that my painting tips can help someone out.  Please feel free to ask me anything if you have any questions when you start.  This kit really is awesome, you are going to love building them.  I look forward to seeing your work!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for showing off your build....really nice and thanks again for the tip on how you shaded the aircraft which new to me. Was stationed at Elmendorf 77-79 when the 18th & 43rd TFS's were flying F-4E's. At this time, the F-15's were just entering service at Langley. Just after I left, the 2 squadrons had a contest for markings that could be put on the aircraft to show everyone they were based out of Alaska. Someone came up with a standing polar bear while a WAF came up with the idea of the big dipper that's shown on the inside of the tail of your F-15.

On 12/7/2016 at 0:06 PM, marcinko said:

Hello,

gorgeous build there !

I`am a noob , can you tell me please what colors you used to paint the nozzles and underside engine nacelles ?

Cheers

Thanks marcinko!  Sorry for the delayed response...  I used Alclad Airframe Aluminum, Pale Burnt Metal, and Jet Exhaust to paint the exhausts on this.

On 12/30/2016 at 8:08 PM, willc453 said:

Thanks for showing off your build....really nice and thanks again for the tip on how you shaded the aircraft which new to me. Was stationed at Elmendorf 77-79 when the 18th & 43rd TFS's were flying F-4E's. At this time, the F-15's were just entering service at Langley. Just after I left, the 2 squadrons had a contest for markings that could be put on the aircraft to show everyone they were based out of Alaska. Someone came up with a standing polar bear while a WAF came up with the idea of the big dipper that's shown on the inside of the tail of your F-15.

Thanks Will!  Thank you so much for sharing that story!  I absolutely love hearing anecdotes and stories about subjects I build.   Thank you for your service, and I appreciate you stopping by to comment on my build and sharing your experience.  You made my day!

8 hours ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

Thanks marcinko!  Sorry for the delayed response...  I used Alclad Airframe Aluminum, Pale Burnt Metal, and Jet Exhaust to paint the exhausts on this.

Thanks Will!  Thank you so much for sharing that story!  I absolutely love hearing anecdotes and stories about subjects I build.   Thank you for your service, and I appreciate you stopping by to comment on my build and sharing your experience.  You made my day!

Thanks for replying, I have this kit and I`am learning new techniques, I`ll try to make mine along the same lines

Wow! That's a nice Strike Eagle. I remember when the 90th was a F-4G squadron at Clark AB. I have one of their challenge coins. Saw my first F-15E during Desert Shield and they went on to kick some serious fool during Desert Storm. Great job on a great airplane!!