1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Kitty Hawk - released

15 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Alex, what kit were they designed for and if they don't fit, what about re-tooling them so they do?

For some scratch built and heavily converted in-progress Su-30/35 models. We always can retool them to fit any model. Now we are making new AL-31series nozzles for HB, Academy and Kinetic models also. 

1 hour ago, Alex Matvey said:

For some scratch built and heavily converted in-progress Su-30/35 models. We always can retool them to fit any model. Now we are making new AL-31series nozzles for HB, Academy and Kinetic models also. 

Great!!

2 hours ago, Alex Matvey said:

Excellent. These are a "must have" for any Su-35 kit and I hope to see them soon enough.

I'm anxious to see a completed build-up of this kit so I can get a better look at the shapes.
I'm suspicious of the upper rear section.

I can see that the forward engine humps are too wide, too rounded and don't blend enough at the front. This is very apparent if you look at the forward engine access panels.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/297722/07-red-russia-air-force-sukhoi-su-35/

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/300660/07-lithuania-air-force-sukhoi-su-35/

Same size scoops on the v-stabs? Is the Su-33 kit the only one that has gotten this right?

Question about the Su-35 as I've not researched it. Did they eliminate the FOD doors?

:cheers:

I have yet to see a good intake shot of Su-35S, but i have seen it being mentioned that FOD was indeed eliminated and i have only seen intake ramp in the production line pictures. So yes, extremely likely there is no FOD doors. Might be a better pic of the humps;

0HUGhNP.jpg

36 minutes ago, sda1976 said:

Great Wall Hobby is preparing to release their su-35 (rumors from Facebook)

Well, crossing fingers for a reasonable price and accurate exhaust...

39 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Link? I don't see it on their Facebook.

49 minutes ago, sda1976 said:

Great Wall Hobby is preparing to release their su-35 (rumors from Facebook)

It's very cruel of you to tease us!

On 09.06.2017 at 3:29 PM, Zactoman said:

Question about the Su-35 as I've not researched it. Did they eliminate the FOD doors?

Su-35 don't have FOD screens in the intakes. There is second, inner set of additional air supply vanes inside the intake to make inner skin surface smooth. The inner and outer vanes are spring-loaded and quite tight to deflect. 

Although now there are close to 50 examples with different units of the Russian AF, the Su-35S is still under test and will only be introduced officially into Air Force service at the end of this year (2017). Experiences from Syrian operations are to be introduced as up-dates of the planes in service and on production line. Lessons included serious problems with FOD (Foreign Object Damage) ingestion by the engines. So the original Su-27 idea of having the protective screens inside the intake were not so bad after all!

Best regards

Gabor

I picked up my kit yesterday and have to say that Kittyhawk is finally listening.  There weren't any open panels or over-engineering.  Detail is also improved.  One of the disappointments are the fixed nozzles.  Detail on them is nice, however. 

The other downer is that the wings are molded seperarly.  Canopy seems a little thick as well.  

I'm no expert and leave it to guys like the Zactoman to tell me what needs to get tossed and replaced with new parts.  

Chris

Edited by swimmer25k