1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Kitty Hawk - released

1 hour ago, MoFo said:

Shouldn't the R-77 lattices be folded?

No, they are not folded.

1130801.jpg

1 hour ago, Vaildog said:

Seriously?! Die in a fire Kitty Hawk.

31 minutes ago, Vaildog said:

I'm offended by the celebration of killing an American service man.

1; You know this is an American plane how, exactly?

2; Why would it matter even if it was USAF.

3; Dude. Like, dude. It is a boxart. Maybe you should be "offended" by real stuff. Also, being offended by something is completely meaningless.

Aaand this is why we have ejection systems! :rolleyes:

This is just a bit of Old Skewl box-art, exactly like we used to have when I was a kid (and kits came in li'l plastic bags with card headers -so, 'header art' then, I guess...). Every Spitfire had a blazing 109 spinning earthward behind it, and every Bf 110 a plummeting Lanc or something.  I understand it all got a bit sanitised in the '70s/'80s when we figured out that our offspring were made of very thin porcelain. But really it means no more than a frame in an action comic. Or Roy Lichtenstein's 'Whaam' (which appears to depict a rather awkward blue-on-blue kill...)

I know.  And I stand by my initial eye roll.

If it's any consolation, the imaginary pilot in the pretend scenario in that artist's fictional painting could be Korean.  Or Japanese.  Or Singaporean.  Or Saudi.  Or Israeli.  Or they could have ejected safely.  Or they could have been, like, a Zombified Nazi super-spy who hijacked an F-15 and were about to nuke a kindergarten where all the staff were Medal of Honor winners and Gold Star mothers when an Su-35 - which happened to be the only airplane nearby because the rest of the USAF was too busy successfully battling the space aliens that had invaded planet earth and Russia, seeing how wonderful the US was, handed over all their military hardware when they realized they could never be as great as America - which was piloted by George Washington himself (because NASA has invented time travel) managed to shoot down the evil Nazi Zombie and save the lives of all those war heroes and children.  Because, given the fact that it's a painting, it literally could just as easily be depicting that.

2 hours ago, Berkut said:

No, they are not folded.

1130801.jpg

1; You know this is an American plane how, exactly?

2; Why would it matter even if it was USAF.

3; Dude. Like, dude. It is a boxart. Maybe you should be "offended" by real stuff. Also, being offended by something is completely meaningless.

It matters because I'm an American and don't appreciate a Chinese company taunting me. Especially given that China is going out of its way to precipitate conflict with the US.

Coming from someone who is an apologist for war criminals I'll take your criticism for what it's worth.

3 hours ago, Vaildog said:

Don't worry, he ejected safely.

18 minutes ago, Vaildog said:

It matters because I'm an American and don't appreciate a Chinese company taunting me. Especially given that China is going out of its way to precipitate conflict with the US.

Coming from someone who is an apologist for war criminals I'll take your criticism for what it's worth.

Hah hah! I walked right in on comedy hour didn't I? This is brilliant, anyone else from the patriotic patriots of patriotic patriotism want to weigh in on BOX ART? No, seriously, have at it. You know "something something bald eagle something something 2nd amendment something something" would be a good place to start.

BOX ART!

I thought this was the post defibrulon invasion, and the defibrulon war corvette has shot down the plucky American, who was on a joint mission with his Russian Komrade in arms against the alien invasion, our brave Komrade has already managed one quick R-77 snap shot at the corvette, and is now peeling off to pursue revenge for the callous downing of his Amerikanski Komrade?

38 minutes ago, Vaildog said:

Oh man, this one right here is going into ARC hall of fame for me. So good.

If any war criminals happen to randomly browse ARC (those that genuinely like F-35 fall into group for example), please contact me. We can hammer out a sweet deal! Willing to shill for the highest bidder.

3 hours ago, MoFo said:

...Or they could have been, like, a Zombified Nazi super-spy who hijacked an F-15 and were about to nuke a kindergarten where all the staff were Medal of Honor winners and Gold Star mothers when an Su-35 - which happened to be the only airplane nearby because the rest of the USAF was too busy successfully battling the space aliens that had invaded planet earth and Russia, seeing how wonderful the US was, handed over all their military hardware when they realized they could never be as great as America - which was piloted by George Washington himself (because NASA has invented time travel) managed to shoot down the evil Nazi Zombie and save the lives of all those war heroes and children.  Because, given the fact that it's a painting, it literally could just as easily be depicting that.

Literally ROFLing

Where are the offended cries of Red White and Blue American Patriots sending their U.S. Dollars to a Chinese model manufacturer ?  Oh, the horror of enabling the stealing of American jobs....

/sarcasm

Any mention of release date and/or price? And I hope it's better than the Foxbat.

the boxart is pretty cool, even if i have some doubt on how could this "scene" happened in a modern war "dogfight"(?) situation... the Alien invasion scenario sounds more accordingly with with KH accuracy track records... but at least, this time, it is not armed with training missiles like their Su-34 boxart...

In Russia now is more popular other scene - Su-35s shut down aliens spaceship.

There are tons of examples of box art showing aircraft being shot down, many with actual national markings clearly showing so you know which nationality the unfortunate pilot hails from.

Airfix (German aircraft in flames...unknown ships ablaze below):

maxresdefault.jpg

Hasegawa (USN plane down...pilots fate unknown):

07f4daebca962be22d93488dc3c3066b.jpg

Aurora...I built this kit...now I'm dating myself (yet another unfortunate Luftwaffe 109 driver downed):

me109_kit.jpg

Revell (Japanese aircraft flamed):

boxart.jpg

Academy (bye bye North Korean Mig-15):

107415-10000-pristine.jpg

Revell/Monogram (and another Mig going down in flames...North Vietnamese):

177881-12074-pristine.jpg

We model machines of war designed to do terrible things to other human beings of all nationalities.

As far as the kit being discussed here in this thread goes, I may have to spring for one as I know nothing about the AC but the subject interests me and its a good way to learn.

Cheers all!

7 hours ago, habu2 said:

Where are the offended cries of Red White and Blue American Patriots sending their U.S. Dollars to a Chinese model manufacturer ?  Oh, the horror of enabling the stealing of American jobs....

/sarcasm

But they buy from a company called TRUMPeter... Back to modellism?

It's great to see these things getting a new tool in 1/4" scale...all very droolworthy I'm sure. But like Mr Berkut, I'm sticking with the fun-size option -a 1/72 Flanker needs as much shelf as a 1/48 F-16, and the bigger ones are gonna cost LOTS (at least in UK I can blame that on the Brexit thing, it's like having our very own Obama! :gr_devil:). And people actually build these in 1/32!!! They must have muscles like Arnie's...

14 hours ago, Vaildog said:

:trolls:

3 minutes ago, ulvdemon said:

As a veteran(American too!) I am so NOT offended.  Just model on folks, keep on buildin'!

Show me the plastic!!!

I think everyone has made their point now, i suggest we get back on topic now.