Jump to content

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Kitty Hawk - released


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused, can someone help clarify.  Can this model be built with the canopy closed without modification? Am I correct in the assumption that the nozzles droop when the power is off, so an aircraft with pilot in it and motor running would not have drooped nozzles?  In regards to Red 24 shown in Berkuts July 22 post, the aircraft had mission marks, is there a photo I could see, did it serve in Syria?  Can an accurate late /modern build Su-35 be made from this kit with the updated tail stinger?  Can an accurate Chinese SU-35 be made from this kit?  what is the difference between the designation SU-35 E and Su-35 S

Edited by DarkKnight
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

I am confused, can someone help clarify.  Can this model be built with the canopy closed without modification? Am I correct in the assumption that the nozzles droop when the power is off, so an aircraft with pilot in it and motor running would not have drooped nozzles?  In regards to Red 24 shown in Berkuts July 22 post, the aircraft had mission marks, is there a photo I could see, did it serve in Syria?  Can an accurate late /modern build Su-35 be made from this kit with the updated tail stinger?  Can an accurate Chinese SU-35 be made from this kit?  what is the difference between the designation SU-35 E and Su-35 S

 

1; From the information and pictures posted so far, it doesnt appear so. Probably doable overall.

 

2; Yes, pilot inside with the engines powered up = nozzles in horizontal, flight, position.

 

3; It did serve in Syria.

 

4; Yes.

 

5; Yes.

 

6; There is no such thing as Su-35E. Su-35S is the serial designation for Su-35 in RuAF. Technically the export ones are called Su-35, without S. Personally, i think it is preferable to stick to Su-35S either they are export ones or not, to avoid confusion with the original, soviet, Su-35 (T-10M).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, airsupremacist said:

What colour should we use for the Su-35?

I have the Model Master 2121 and 2122. I feel the instruction guide's colour reference aren't the most accurate. Any thoughts?

 

Also, anyone have any use for part C 36?

And it seems like this kit has a lot holes not coloured. Anyone noticed?

 

Check out the Mr. Paint line. They have the 3 colors available. Hobbyworld USA carries them. Mr. Paint also makes the "Eggplant" color.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 5:40 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

Check out the Mr. Paint line. They have the 3 colors available. Hobbyworld USA carries them. Mr. Paint also makes the "Eggplant" color.

 

 

Thanks!

Actually currently I'm looking at some AKAN paints to get.

I'm trying to do the operational colours, so the eggplant isn't what I'm going for.

What I noticed after some researching, is that it seems like there are some variants in the shades of camo that they're using.

At this point I'm trying to decide what colours to get, and also kind of convinced to discard the original KH colour guides, which are quite unrealistic.

 

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but the Eggplant scheme is for pre-operational purposes, is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 4:44 AM, airsupremacist said:

 

 

Thanks!

Actually currently I'm looking at some AKAN paints to get.

I'm trying to do the operational colours, so the eggplant isn't what I'm going for.

What I noticed after some researching, is that it seems like there are some variants in the shades of camo that they're using.

At this point I'm trying to decide what colours to get, and also kind of convinced to discard the original KH colour guides, which are quite unrealistic.

 

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but the Eggplant scheme is for pre-operational purposes, is it?

 

Not entirely true. Some Su-35 in Syria did have that scheme. It is my understanding that those painted in that scheme were "early" production. That would fit your KH kit fine given that the kit represents early production Flanker-E

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

So i picked up the kittyhawk kit today and it came with updated tail and vectored exhausts....

* NOTE :  its kit 80128 China PLA A.F. version.  Can it be made into a Russian -35 ?

Edited by adamitri
Add on
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adamitri said:

So i picked up the kittyhawk kit today and it came with updated tail and vectored exhausts....

* NOTE :  its kit 80128 China PLA A.F. version.  Can it be made into a Russian -35 ?

Exact same kit, I have both, decals are different.  Begemot makes a nice 1/48 Su-35 sheet, some Syria deployed Su-35 on the sheet.  I like the kit especially the resin updates.

 

John

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Raptor01 said:

Exact same kit, I have both, decals are different.  Begemot makes a nice 1/48 Su-35 sheet, some Syria deployed Su-35 on the sheet.  I like the kit especially the resin updates.

 

John

Sweet.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Deino said:

Not sure if already posted, but this walk-around is impressive !

 

I can't access the walk-around. I get an access error if I click on it and a bad link error from Flickr if I open it in a new tab.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deino said:

Hmm ... I don't know what happened!??

Here the link again but cut in pieces:
 

please copy & paste: https://www.  and then flickr.com/photos/100009549@N06/sets/72157685375253980

 

Hope it works.

 

I figured it out. The problem was the "N" in the original link was not capitalized. This link must be case sensitive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/23/2017 at 5:29 AM, galfa said:

Good point.

 

I do agree, we all should wait to see for what we are actually spending our money. In addition to the issues raised so far, I cannot wonder why three out of seven major sprues are weapons? Do we really need so many weapons ?

 

It means that about 40% of the plastic inside this box is weapons. Would not be better to buy weapons separately, Hasegawa style?

For sure, three sprues of weapons raise much the price and the box dimensions.

 

 

 

I would like to see modern Russian weapons appropriate for type.  The K-77M2 has conventional tails.  The Izdeliye 810 is the successor to the Ks172.  Even the boxart Su-35 weapons load is not doable with the included weapons.  The R-27 Alamos are a 1980s weapon and are dated now, even with the new AGAT seekers, they would be more appropriate for the coming Su-27.

The Su-35 will likely be in service until the 2040s, at least, which means that weapons that come online in the 2020s will be standard.  The Khibiny ECM pods should therefore be included as nobody flies without effective jammers, even now.  I would rather have a complete weapons load, for the standard role of the Fighter Mission, than an ecclectic set of X2 everything.

The same goes for the Su-34, only the other way.  The standard weapons load in Syria is FAB-250 or FAB-500 carried on parent loaded pylons or sometimes dual racks with ECM on the tips and R-73 on the outboards.  When the Su-24 was shot down, the Hell Ducks started mounting the R-27 on the midwings until the Su-30/35 started arrriving in theater in numbers.  The SVP-24 weapons system is like our old Skyspot/LORAN system and it makes a decent CCRP system for the kinds of (low signature) Rebel targets the Russians are hunting (though Platan is also pretty good as an ARBS...).

The Su-34 with wall to wall dumb bombs is not only more realistic but also would look very mean.

If KH would do a couple warloads per box and save the sprue costs for the rest, their Flanker series would be a lot more accessible, now that the Trade Wars have taken the price from ~50 bucks to well over 70.

Edited by Waaag!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...