So this is the time where you see many, many of us here in Canada and around the world I think, wearing the red poppy. I just lost mine, AGAIN. It got hooked on my jacket I guess. I really wish they would change the way it is attached. I had heard the Legion has no plans to do so. Even when people have changed the way it attaches, it is supposedly disrespectful. Time to buy a new one but maybe I will figure out a way to do a better job of securing it. Tried the eraser behind on the pin and bending the end of the pin.

Even though I was not born in Canada I do feel naked without it during this time of year.

Edited by skyhawk174

I've myself never had an issue by cutting a small square out of a pencil eraser and after you push the poppy's pin through your lapel push the square of the eraser on the end of the pin.  Try it again.

Edited by Gordon Shumway

At work I fasten it with a stopper. Mostly as I now work in a prison and the pin is considered a weapon. Outside of work I use the poppy as the legion sells them. I loose one and buy another. The reason the legion sells them is to raise money for veterans in need. I am a veteran but certainly NOT in need. There are far too many who are. 

How much does the legion keep for them selves and how much go to veterans?......I have no idea. Bet a good chunk goes to veteran programs.

Keep buying and loosing them I think is the right thing to do. ( I tend to go through 5 a year.) 

The important thing here. Remember those who sacrificed all.

I got my first one of this year, pinned it on my jacket, and 30seconds later the black centre part of the poppy fell off.  Another few seconds later and the entire poppy was gone with the pin hanging out of my jacket.   Oh well.  Just donated to get another.  

Edited by bikerider

Important to buy these. I always find myself in a different jacket and I buy another. I attach them by putting a piece of wide rubber band ( the kind you get on broccolli ) on the end of the pin, pulling it up a bit and then putting it on again.

I don't  lose them but I still stab myself.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by MacStingy

Ok got my new one. Going to try that rubber band thing Paul. Thanks for the tip.

I used to use the eraser from the mechanical pencils but that only saves the pin. Recently I have been losing the flower and the pin stays in my jacket.

I have a red Maple leaf pin with one of those push clips on the back and I put it on top of the black center, stays in place nicely. I usually drop coins in the boxes when I pass whether I have a Poppy on or not, I'm not going to go broke from that, this province's gov't is a different story!!

I have been toying with the idea of making a Maple Leaf out of plastic and painting it black then glueing it to one of those pins on the push clips and see how that works?!

We must Never Forget!