Will we ever see any new F-105 Thud decals??

Ever since Aeromaster went out of business, F-105 decals in 48th scale have been hard to come by.  I know that Twobobs did a Thud sheet a while back, but those were all post-war schemes and of course, who can forget the Albatross sheet?  With the release of the F-105D Thudstick from Revell, as well as re-releases of their F-105D/F and G, plus, Trumpeters F-105 offerings, we have not seen any new decal sheets for any F-105s.  I'd love to see someone put out a sheet or two with some updated F-105 markings.

I'd like to challenge the decal guys out there.....let's see some Thud markings!

9 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

I was recently looking to do a Vietnam only sheet as usual. But then saw Zotz is coming out with new sheet in various scales so I shelved my plans. 

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=64802#entry850349

I'd honestly put out your sheet as well.  The more choices offered can only be a good thing, right?

Personally I want a good F-105 before we worry about decals.

The Mongram kit is far far wrong as to be immediately forgotten and the HB kit isn't much better but at least it's better.

how about someone do a new 105 with a correct front end canopy and spine so we get a kit that at least looks like the real plane!

On 11/10/2016 at 11:18 PM, dehowie said:

Personally I want a good F-105 before we worry about decals.

The Mongram kit is far far wrong as to be immediately forgotten and the HB kit isn't much better but at least it's better.

how about someone do a new 105 with a correct front end canopy and spine so we get a kit that at least looks like the real plane!

What makes the Monogram so wrong? Aside from the raised panel lines, but that's in the eye of the beholder of course.

To me, every model I've seen of an F-105, be it Monogram or Trumpeter the upper nose profile looks too flat, without the subtle curve of the real airplane, plus f you want to do an early '60's machine there's an awful lot of sanding and re-shaping to be done as well.

3 hours ago, hooter said:

To me, every model I've seen of an F-105, be it Monogram or Trumpeter the upper nose profile looks too flat, without the subtle curve of the real airplane, plus f you want to do an early '60's machine there's an awful lot of sanding and re-shaping to be done as well.

Well, you can easily address that issue by getting the DMold resin correction for either manufacturer. It's like day and night after you've grafted it onto the kit.

What I can't still fathom is this thing they say about the shape of the windshield on the Monogram kit being wrong; anybody could please elaborate on it?

I honestly don't see a new tool F-105 coming anytime soon.  Having said that, I really think that Vietnam war F-105s is a subject that has been largely ignored.  Kudos to Zotz for their sheet, but the more, the merrier!