1/32 F-4D 30th ann, London airshow bird.

Around 10 or 15 years ago, I did a J. Used kit decals. Was not too pleased with it and gave it away. Then another J in VMFA-333 markings. Its still on the "good" shelf. But its easily been around 10 years. Starting it today with the "pre-paint".

Anyone have a system that works better then Photobucket? Dang system takes me 30 minutes to load EACH photo!!!

DSC_0423_1.jpg

Model goes together real nice. Surprisngly it does NOT come  with a centre drop tank. So a nabbed one from a Revell kit

I am going OOB for the most part. Decals , drop tank and seats being the changes. Really like the fact in this scale I can see what I am doing better then in 1/48. Which of course is why I no longer do 1/72.

DSC_0424_1.jpg

Hey Phantom,

Nice work so far, I am with you on the joy of 1/32 ,  it is indeed so much easier to see what you are doing, especially with the cockpit. 

I use fotki for my pictures. You start for free then you get more features if you pay, and the price is reasonable. They did have some big issues a few years back, but they seem to have it together now.  You can also try google images, but I do not know all the specifics.

Did you paint the major airframe components prior to assembly? I have never built a kit that fit well enough to do that.

I know I have said it before, but it bears repeating, I really admire your ability to build a nice model so quickly.

Really nice. The screw that holds the wings really helps the alignment. The big thing is to make sure the screw next to the fuselage is fully down before grueling in the upper wings.

1 hour ago, tobiK said:

I am realy envious that you 32 guys can make that nice Phantom! Wish these decals are in 1/48, too....but no sticker guy seams to care about it :-(

It'll be done in 1/48th.  Guaranteed.  And like the 32nd sheet, I'll include the markings for London and Dayton airshows with all the necessary changes to the flags, etc.

Actually, it was done in 1/48th. I am building THIS one in the new 1/32 decals to replace my less then wonderful 1/48 build I did years back. Can not remember who made the decals, but they did exist.

Wooohoooo!! Jake! You made my day! *bighugs* I remember that Phantom to be on the cover from Bert Kinzey's book "in detail and scale, F-4C, F-4D & RF-4C Phantom II".

I know that these decals were produced many years ago, but they already disapeared from the modelling surface. And when you really catch a sheet, so not sure if they are still good enough for applying on a kit!?