8 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

You mean Air Force One? :rolleyes:

Air_Force_One_on_the_ground.jpg

Mark

GOOD ONE MARK!:clap2:

BTW, and just an FYI, not exactly the 747 Airforce One (even though it has the same colors), but the previous 707, do you all know who picked the paint colors?

Jackie Kennedy did. She had good taste I say.

Melania will be as beautiful of a First Lady circa 2017 as  Jackie was circa 1961. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!

TRUMP's 757 will probably get good use  by  Trump's  adult children who obviously will have to take on the full corporate operation  now.

55 minutes ago, Alternative 4 said:

Does that mean Trump will be the first President to ride in the new Air Force 1?

747-8 will not be ready before 2024. So President (elect) Trump will fly on it if and when he wins a second  term.

Another FYI, after President Nixon resigned and took Air Force One (27000) to fly to California. It took off with  its Air Force One call sign. During the flight as President Ford  was sworn in, once the ceremony was done the flight  President Nixon was on changed from Air Force One to USAF Flight #27000.

2 hours ago, Gordon Shumway said:

747-8 will not be ready before 2024. So President (elect) Trump will fly on it if and when he wins a second  term.

Given the nightmare they had with the last presidential helo, there is no guarantee that the the new AF1 will be in service anywhere close to that date. Still, it should be a beautiful bird once it's finally in the air. 

4 hours ago, Gordon Shumway said:

Another FYI, after President Nixon resigned and took Air Force One (27000) to fly to California. It took off with  its Air Force One call sign. During the flight as President Ford  was sworn in, once the ceremony was done the flight  President Nixon was on changed from Air Force One to USAF Flight #27000.

Wow, insult to injury. It's like the ceremonial ripping of your stripes off your uniform. :woot.gif:

Edited by niart17
1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Wow, insult to injury. It's like the ceremonial ripping of your stripes off your uniform. :woot.gif:

Yes, it would be. Well anyways Nixon did go on and lived  mostly at peace with himself for a number of years after  Watergate and his resignation. His legacy I think has tempered with time.

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

Given the nightmare they had with the last presidential helo, there is no guarantee that the the new AF1 will be in service anywhere close to that date. Still, it should be a beautiful bird once it's finally in the air. 

Lets hope not. I look forward to seeing the next AF1. Like it or not Air Force One, regardless of who is POTUS is a most impressive aircraft. The 747-8 will be  more so.

Many years ago I lived on the landing path to my local airport.  Planes approaching were so close, I could make out faces in the windows looking down at me.  When Bill Clinton came to town, AF1 came in for a landing.  Man, talk about impressive!  Low and slow and in your face!!  I think this was the only 747 that ever landed at this airport.

Quick funny story related.  My wife was flying home from visiting her family up in NY at the time.  When they came in for a landing, she saw both cars still in the driveway. She immediately went into pissed off mode since I was not at the airport waiting on her.  She thought for sure she was going to have to wait for me to show up to pick her up.

She walked out of the airport baggage claim, and there I was looking at her with a scowl on her face.  Priceless when she told me why she was pissed!!

9 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

She walked out of the airport baggage claim, and there I was looking at her with a scowl on her face.  Priceless when she told me why she was pissed!!

Yeah, but I know how my wife is. It doesn't matter that I would be on time, what matters is that I MIGHT not have been. And I could hear the quote now when I'd tell her but I was on time. "You just don't get it do you?":woot.gif:

Bill

9 hours ago, Gordon Shumway said:

BTW, and just an FYI, not exactly the 747 Airforce One (even though it has the same colors), but the previous 707, do you all know who picked the paint colors?

Jackie Kennedy did. She had good taste I say.

Huh, I never knew that. Well, today I learned something new!

Also I think Melania Trump will be the hottest first lady we've ever had. :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Gordon Shumway said:

I truly can see Ivanka Trump running for POTUS one day too. She definitely is a role model to any girls who first see a future in business and  maybe later in politics.

I know I'm tip toeing around the no politics rule, but this is a great idea with anyone running for any office.  Career politicians are out of touch.

4 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

I know I'm tip toeing around the no politics rule, but this is a great idea with anyone running for any office.  Career politicians are out of touch.

I'm tip toeing too....in size 13 army boots - but that's what we thought too when we got Malcolm Turnbull.  Sadly, the system just turned him from succesful businessman into career politician.  His balls disappeared overnight.

Keeping the topic aircraft related, now President-Elect Trump has had some interesting aircraft and helicopters carry his name over the years. A person could build up a pretty interesting and colorful model fleet. Some quick examples:

ap_9103081544.jpg?quality=80

762f17fbcaad531dc2c666a92fb65031.jpg

trump-helicopter.jpg

160720_abc_trump_landing_16x9_992.jpg

1325069808_select_image_34_image_0_N.jpg

Best one I could find of this one... cool looking though!

atlantic-city-new-jersey-usa-10th-aug-19

And of course his recent Campaign planes:

pence-plane-2.jpg?w=640&h=337

Trump-Private-Jet-757-2000.jpg

There are others but those are just a quick sampling.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, beingthehero said:

Huh, I never knew that. Well, today I learned something new!

Also I think Melania Trump will be the hottest first lady we've ever had. :whistle:

And the first one you can actually get nude pictures of to boot...

C2j

48 minutes ago, Don said:

Keeping the topic aircraft related, now President-Elect Trump has had some interesting aircraft and helicopters carry his name over the years. A person could build up a pretty interesting and colorful model fleet. Some quick examples:

ap_9103081544.jpg?quality=80

These are Trump Shuttle aircraft. Formerly Eastern Air Lines Shuttle aircraft.  Both airlines went bankrupt.

762f17fbcaad531dc2c666a92fb65031.jpg

This was Trump's ride before the 757.  Note the Bermuda registry to avoid taxes.