Airfix New 1/72 Phantom FG.1 for 2017

Boy Airfix is on a roll! New 1/48 propeller fighters that have peaked many folks interest and now this. Well done! I'll be getting a few of these if the reviews are decent.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, White Wolf said:

Fujimi's British Phantoms are hard to get a hold of in Asia too. This is great news for 1/72 Phantom fans!

In Australia too. I suspect that one of the new Airfix Tooms will join my remaining Fujimi some time after October '17 money permitting

Shane

16 hours ago, Timvkampen said:

Upscale this sucker asap! 1/48 and 1/32

You may get the 1/48 wish though I personally don't think it'll come soon. They'll upscale it to 1/32 when hell freezes over

Shane

1 hour ago, sweier said:

You may get the 1/48 wish though I personally don't think it'll come soon. They'll upscale it to 1/32 when hell freezes over

Shane

I am afraid you are right. I am also not holding my breath for the HK effort...which will not materialise I think. Maybe ZM? Any way, it is great to sea Airfix is back in the market like this. I pre-ordered the 1/48 Sea Fury kit

Did no-one else take advantage of last year's Fujimi F-4K rerelease? I got it shipped to NZ from HLF cheaper than an equivalent-sized kit from another manufacturer off the NZ shelf!

That said, I've already put one of these on order! Man oh man it looks great!

On 15/11/2016 at 1:23 PM, K5054NZ said:

Did no-one else take advantage of last year's Fujimi F-4K rerelease? I got it shipped to NZ from HLF cheaper than an equivalent-sized kit from another manufacturer off the NZ shelf!

Yes, I am also surprised. They went for, like, US$20-24 a while back. Grabbed about 3 of them.

http://hlj.com/product/FUJ72272

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10341050

And right now, 19 GBP is about 24 USD. That seems to be a very good price for a new tool kit of these. Better, if we get markings that have not been produced before.

I do hope that they fix those drop tanks before cutting the molds, though. (I see low ribs on both sides of the tank, and they should be on only one side for that tank version)

Edited by Rex
drop tank comment

I need to stop looking at that, I guess.

I just noticed that the vertical stab is the F-4M (RF-4 based), not the F-4K (F-4B based). (not the tip, the vertical stab itself).

I hope Airfix is talking with someone in the know about this kit. I am not in much need of more Phantoms that have to be filled and scribed, and have parts filed,,,,,,to build the version that it is sold as.

Sorry, but that doesn't matter when talking about the vertical tails.

The F-4C, D, J, E, etc, etc,,,,,,,,and the F-4K used the F-4B vertical tail.

The RF-4B, RF-4E, and the F-4M used the RF-4C vertical tail.