Non payment on eBay by: "pw2830"

This guy made a winning bid at the last minute on a bunch of aircraft kits I was selling, but didn't pay. Goes by "pw2830" (joseph webb) on eBay. I waited for two days, then politely asked when he was planning to pay. No response. I waited two more days and just said "Hello???" He responded back with just a date. Nothing else. I replied back... "I don't know what you're doing. Are you going to pay for this or what?" He said... "Yes" and repeated the date. That date of course came and went... No payment. Filed a non payment, so now I get to wait for days before I can do anything. Total time wasted will be almost a month because of this idiot.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel for you... I have a buyer on my auctions that's now on his 3rd ID in several months, and I've currently got an unpaid item request out on his latest "purchase". If he doesn't pay, this will be the second time he has failed to pay for the exact same item...

Yeah, we may as well go back to the days of using the Recycler to sell stuff... where you waste your whole weekend waiting for people to show up, and they never do. Or the people who do show up are totally nuts and don't actually have any money. It feels like eBay has descended to that level.

on the other hand, and that happens as frequently, you lose the bid, and several minutes after bidding has ended, you lost the item, you get the notification: the winner doesn't want the item, I can sell it to you for the latest bid... but never the latest bid minus the bids of the one that they use to drive the price up... When you ask for that, the seller goes nuts ;-)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've had those as well. You always know they're full of it when they go straight to a dispute, without so much as a single email or anything. I once had this genius in the Netherlands claim that they just brought him an empty box and charged him 200 euro for the customs fee. He went straight to PP with this claim, not a single message to me. I messaged him asking why he was doing this... No response. He wrote the complaint out to PP in his language, probably thinking I wouldn't be able to read it. But I translated it. Luckily, somebody informed me of who does the delivery there. So I went to their site and put in the US tracking number. Not only did it work, but it said what the weight was before it left their facility to be delivered (exactly the same as it weighed here), and it said how much he paid in customs (1/4 of what he claimed), and it even had a digital copy of his signature, when I didn't even pay for signature. I made a screen grab of all that and sent it to PP. They dismissed it a couple days later and gave me the money back. An hour after they send me the email that it was dismissed, they must have sent him one too, because he sends me an email claiming he didn't respond to me, because he was "on vacation"... then he actually had the nerve to try and get me to help him with the product. You know... The product he claimed he never got. I wrote him back and said... "Not only am I not going to help you... But i want you to know that in the dozen years I've been in business... you are hands down the dumbest scammer I have ever run into." No reply back from him. :)

• 1 month later...

I guess I've been extremely lucky as a Seller;  I've had a few deadbeats/nutters, but the majority of my buyers have been good, honest types. In fact, one stands out:  I had listed the Felixstowe from the WnW  F.2A/W.29 Duellist kit, and was VERY careful (even blocking out the name & illustration of the W.29 in the listing pictures) to make it clear that the W.29 was not included. When the final bid looked way too high for the Felixstowe alone, I contacted the winning bidder to ask if he understood he'd won ONLY the F.2A.  He replied that he assumed it was for both kits, but that he would honor his bid since it was his fault (his words)  for not reading  more carefully.  Faced with this much honesty, I just had to let him off the  hook.  The Second Chance offer was accepted, and I still ended up getting more than I thought I would.

The seller also has one final tool at his disposal: problem bidders can be blocked from future bidding (they get  a "Seller is not currently accepting bids on this item" message if they try to bid) and  from even contacting the seller about it.  My list of Blocked bidders only amounts to a dozen or so,even after almost 10 years of selling on ebay. Guess I should knock on wood. . .