So.. years ago.. a few here on ARC decided to put up a lisyt of Tomcat Squadrons and what song should be attributed to a specific squadron.......I managed to get all the songs, but have long since lost the list.. and yes the music too....SO.. wanna try it again??? I sure would...

VF-1

VF-2

and so on... 

Harald

I had thought the same thing over the years! Here are my lame ideas.

VF-1 Wolfpack- "Hungry Like the Wolf" - Duran Duran

VF-14 Tophatters - "Puttin' on the Ritz"

VF-24 Renegades - "Renegade" - Styx

VF-33 Starfighters - Star Wars main theme

VF-41 Black Aces - "The Gambler" - Kenny Rogers

VF-51 Screamin' Eagles - "Fly Like an Eagle" - Steve Miller Band

VF-102 Diamondbacks "Rattlesnake Shake" - Skid Row

VF-301 Devil's Disciples - "Highway to Hell" - AC/DC

I remember that, wish I could remember the list though. I know VF-33 was the theme for "The Last Starfighter". VF-1 could also be "Bark at the moon" by Ozzy. Aardvarks could be the Sesame Street Aardvark song. :D

So would VF-111 be "Don't let the sun go down on me" by Elton John or "Here comes the sun" by the Beatles? ;)

Edited by Jay Chladek

Hey there,

Yep, that was my little project. That info is on the computer I have in storage at work; I think I can get it tomorrow if I bring a portable drive. It was at the same time as Tomcat Sunset if I remember right; we had a series of post in which a particular squadron had songs nominated, then I put up a vote after all entries had been received. I do seem to recall Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon" was elected for VF-1. VF-84/103 was George Thoroughgood's "Bad to the Bone."