Great Navy Hornet (and others) Weathering Ref Shot

3 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

That paint didn't hold up very well. That scheme isn't that old. Cool looking weathering, though.

I'm seeing greens and purples in the weathered paint. Weird. Like you said, looks cool. Would be interesting to try and replicate that.

On 8/14/2019 at 1:08 AM, GreyGhost said:

Green Knights F-35Bs getting weathered at sea... (Sort of.)

190804-M-GL635-1023.jpg

-Gregg

I might have asked this before, if so, sorry, old age...

How do they manage corrosion control on the F-35?  Does it even need the same kind of paint touch ups that are used on other aircraft? Do they just have cans of the special Have Glass paint to use. None of the pics of Bs or Cs that I've seen so far (and that's not that many) show any evidence that I can see of paint touch up. Curious minds want to know :hmmm:

It's an Aussie one. Over Iraq. Northern hemisphere. Which probably explains why it isn't flying upside down. 😉

Here's the caption:

"A Royal Australian Air Force F/A-18A Hornet receives fuel from a U.S. Air Force KC-10 Extender while flying a mission in support of Operation Okra over Iraq, March 22, 2017. The RAAF is supporting Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve through Operation Okra. Since operations commenced in 2014, the F/A-18A Hornets and F/A-18F Super Hornets have flown more than 12,000 hours during more than 2,000 sorties and delivered more than 1,600 munitions. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Tyler Woodward) ."

SOURCE

I would've guessed Aussie since it carries an Elta ECM pod on the intake station. Do the Canadian Hornets also use Elta ECM pods?

On 6/21/2018 at 12:39 PM, Finn said:

The S/B for Standard Ballast is just a guess on my part. Here is another one that looks to have been written on several times:

160703-N-QN175-112.JPG

note RDY indicates the gun is ready which means it can be fired when selections are made.

Jari

I know this is a Super Hornet, but would combat loaded a Legacy Hornet circa 2003 have similar chalk markings for gun/countermeasures loads? And if so, would it be on this similar corresponding panels?

25 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

I know this is a Super Hornet, but would combat loaded a Legacy Hornet circa 2003 have similar chalk markings for gun/countermeasures loads? And if so, would it be on this similar corresponding panels?

Yes, except it would say "1x500" instead of 1x350.

S/B stands for Standard Belt.

• 2 weeks later...