Great Navy Hornet (and others) Weathering Ref Shot

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

What is with the digital camo, and why is it just on the exterior the vertical stabs?

I read somewhere that -97 was next in line now for the F-35C and that in the meantime they were going to do adversary duty. I think the digital camo on the stabs was just an easy way to mark it. 

4 hours ago, salomon said:

Thanks for sharing. I noticed in the many pictures the purple colors on the canopy roofs but I can not find a good way to reproduce this effect, any idea?

We jet modelers continue to search for that magic halo effect on canopies. I tried a bunch of methods on a recent Prowler build, all fell short. 

Cheers

Collin

Problem is most attempts I have made (like in the other thread)  leaves behind flakes and suspended particles on the colored canopy. I’ve had success with very thin coats of color then a thin coat of Future over it to get the shine back. 

Collin

1 hour ago, Thadeus said:

Nice pics! Is it just me, or is there some guy on that tail. Running or something? With head tilted to the back. Ok, off to take meds now!

Yeah, like from Mattel Intellivision Football!

-Gregg

On 12/12/2019 at 3:10 AM, GreyGhost said:

A good shot of the top that shows weathering and touch ups, etc. ...

190307-N-SS390-0460.JPG

-Gregg

Right click and save. Now when someone says that a model that has every panel line filled with black is "real", I can pull out this picture and demonstrate that the weathering on the model is "artistic", not realistic.

On 6/25/2017 at 8:31 PM, picknpluck said:

That settles it: VFA-213 motif for the Hasegawa F in my stash and this load out. Furball sheet on the way.

Yup..... I couldn't agree more! I picked up the Furball "Team Factory" sheet too, and will build one of these Black Lions jets and the Spartan's Growler a few pages back, among other options on the sheet. Great stuff! Fred K.