Great Navy Hornet (and others) Weathering Ref Shot

The white shirt at the nose looks like he's having a quiet heart to heart with the aircraft. Perhaps a pep talk? Or maybe a Vulcan mind meld?

OK, back to my corner :whistle:

10 hours ago, Mstor said:

The white shirt at the nose looks like he's having a quiet heart to heart with the aircraft. Perhaps a pep talk? Or maybe a Vulcan mind meld?

that would be a great figure for @norbert & Reedoak to do, it would make for a great scene. 

12 hours ago, Mstor said:

That's the "please Lord don't let this one breakdown" prayer pose.

1 hour ago, GW8345 said:

That's the "please Lord don't let this one breakdown" prayer pose.

The guys in the cockpit have that "He's at it again" look.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:08 AM, Mstor said:

I know that look...that dude is beat and ready to hit the rack hard.

3 hours ago, sideshow said:

This thread seems to make the case that you can just randomly spray various shades of grey anywhere you want on a naval aircraft and it'd be authentic.....brilliant!

Few years ago I was doing a Harrier for my bro.  I asked a typical question you see here all the time..."is the rudder light gull grey or medium?"...something like that.  He said " man, who knows..those guys just just throw on whatever can of paint  they  have laying around that day".  I laughed to myself and since that day I have absolutely never stressed about painting Navy or Marine jets.  In fact, the more "mistakes" I make the more realistic they look.  

On 6/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, GreyGhost said:

The pixelated tail of the Warhawks CAG jet looks like something from a Mattel Intellivision video game circa 1980!

-

Gregg 

I thought the same thing! I was trying to figure out if it was actually a shape of something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...