Great Navy Hornet (and others) Weathering Ref Shot

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 6:59 PM, shion said:

19577324_1396244037080206_45823622019379

Are those GBU-38s? These are superbugs but I was wondering if F-18C could carry a pair of GBU-38 on the dual racks as above? If these are not 38s, what are they and again the same question could F-18C carry them in this config (only on one pylon but a twin rack). 

TIA

6 hours ago, Janissary said:

Are those GBU-38s? These are superbugs but I was wondering if F-18C could carry a pair of GBU-38 on the dual racks as above? If these are not 38s, what are they and again the same question could F-18C carry them in this config (only on one pylon but a twin rack). 

TIA

Those are GBU-32's (1,000 lb JDAM's), currently they are only authorized on parent rack (single pylon). The GBU-38 (500 lb JDAM) and GBU-54 (500 lb LJDAM) are authorized on both parent rack or dual racks (BRU-55).

Thank you. I am researching loadouts for a F-18C build. I was wondering if two GBU-38s (rather than 32s) on a dual rack as seen on the Fs above would be acceptable on a C (sounds like yes from your response, just wanted to confirm). If so, is there a preference for inner or outer parent pylon on the C? 

In case it matters, the other A2G I am thinking will be a subset of:  [1X] GBU-12, [1X] HARM, [2X] Mk.82, [1X] Maverick. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Janissary
1 hour ago, Janissary said:

Thank you. I am researching loadouts for a F-18C build. I was wondering if two GBU-38s (rather than 32s) on a dual rack as seen on the Fs above would be acceptable on a C (sounds like yes from your response, just wanted to confirm). If so, is there a preference for inner or outer parent pylon on the C? 

In case it matters, the other A2G I am thinking will be a subset of:  [1X] GBU-12, [1X] HARM, [2X] Mk.82, [1X] Maverick. 

Thank you. 

For an F-18C, if you want to do GBU-38's on BRU-55's (dual rack) you will need to do them either on both wing stations or one wing station and a different weapon on other station, you cannot do one wing station with a dual rack and one with a parent rack load. (the loading rules are different from the Super Hornet).

For the other A2G load you stated, that is not an authorized load but if you load it this way it is;

Sta 2 - AGM-65

Sta 3 - AGM-88

Sta 7 - Mk 82 on dual rack (BRU-33 or BRU-55)

Sta 8 - GBU-12

Get out your reverse pre/post shading airbrush:

171002-N-WC455-0049.JPG

Clean nose/with chalk marks (on the LEX's) probably put on by corrosion control to work later on:

171009-N-ZR324-033.JPG

Dirty legacy with a clean(er) Super.  Note color difference of baby Hornet centerline from the rest of the aircraft:

171004-N-XL056-273.JPG

On 10/17/2017 at 2:45 PM, shion said:

An another not pristine CAG bird.

37708829672_458d440db4_o.jpg

A close-up on a SH/Growler nose gear:

37708828042_754fb5a2d4_o.jpg

This sailor is doing a good job of applying the burnt umber.  Looks very realistic.  

Two I took at the London Airshow:

A nice and dirty c-2. I have a better shot but it seems I never uploaded it. The bottom of the wing was especially patchy!!

007.jpg

And this is the underside of the left side outer leading edge flap of VFA-106's Demo Hornet, BuNo166467.

The light gray is the paint and the dark gray is the bare metal. Looks like this year's airshow circuit has been tough on the airframe.

009.jpg

Sean