Revell F/A-18F

4 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

I don't have a problem with the shade of blue; the black/yellow trim on the fins and the red/white pattern on the spine are just don't work IMO.  There's just too much going on in that scheme, it's too busy. 

The idea was to incorporate the Maryland state flag into the scheme.  I don't think the MD state flag colors work with the blue.

I'm with you. I think if you get rid of the flag elements, it's actually not a bad looking scheme.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, IAGeezer said:

I'm seeing the kit at Freetime Hobbies for $26.95, and Pre-order at Hobbylinc.com for the same money. Any suggestions as to where else it can be found?

Thanks,

Scott

I spoke with the lady that orders the plastic models at the local Hobby Lobby and she thinks they're getting this kit. Asked me to check back toward the end of the month when they get their new kit list.

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

I spoke with the lady that orders the plastic models at the local Hobby Lobby and she thinks they're getting this kit. Asked me to check back toward the end of the month when they get their new kit list.

Did you ask her if they will get the Tamiya F-14? Sorry to change the subject, but just curious.

4 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Thanks Dave. I'll ask next time I'm there.

I really doubt they will get the Tamiya Tomcat, as I haven't seen any Tamiya kits at Hobby Lobby. But I've been wrong before...

11 hours ago, IAGeezer said:

I really doubt they will get the Tamiya Tomcat, as I haven't seen any Tamiya kits at Hobby Lobby. But I've been wrong before...

Over the years I've seen Tamiya WW II aircraft and armor kits at several Hobby Lobby stores.

1 hour ago, graves_09 said:

Anyone planning to buy this kit and not use the decals, send me a PM.  I'd like to work a trade.

I'm supposed to be getting three from Revell as part of the deal for building the box art model. You can have all my decals. I'm not sure when I'll be getting the kits, so if someone offers earlier, no problem.

As much as I like the E model SH, the F is much more sought out, and it been really hard to find for a few years now. If HL gets em, I'm in trouble. Darren you better get cranking out ECS pipes and ACS rear IP panels!

eff

Edited by jefropas
2 hours ago, jefropas said:

As much as I like the E model HH, the F is much more sought out, and it ben really hard to find for a few years now. If HL gets em, I'm in trouble. Darren you better get cranking out ECS pipes and ACS rear IP panels!

eff

Already on it. I started casting this weekend. I'm going to release a dual set so you don't have to buy them separately. It should be a couple of bucks cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, F4DPhantomII said:

Background color for VF-32 is it black or dark blue?And what shade of blue? Thanks. Bought the kit with Christmas gift card and do not care for the Salty Dog Markings at all.

I believe it's Insignia Blue. You may want to pick up the Steel Beach update set. It has the ACS coaming and ECS pipes. I know, it's a shameless plug! The ECS pipes were one my first attempts at scratchbuilding, so they aren't as detailed as the Quickboost set is. So you could get the ACS separate and pick up the QB ECS pipes.

On December 27, 2016 at 2:12 PM, F4DPhantomII said:

What shade of blue for the Salty Dogs version.Its beginning to grow on me! God help me!

Gunze aqueous H25 was perfect match to the previous VX-23 blue tail, IIRC.  I would expect they used the same blue this time. It looks the same to my eyes. 

Edited by Joe Hegedus
Fixing an "autocorrect" correction...
9 hours ago, F4DPhantomII said:

What shade of blue for the Salty Dogs version.Its beginning to grow on me! God help me!

I wish I could tell you, but I mixed my own color for the box art model. I had to match the decals, which were ALPS printed, so they may not be the same color as what comes in the kit.

Got a non-answer from Hobby Lobby. reminds me of talking to the government..... I replied asking how to contact their buyers.

Good morning,  

Thank you for your interest in our company and products. Unfortunately we are unable to confirm when if or when we will carry the Revell F-18F, 1/48th scale for online purchase. I apologize for any inconvenience. Our buyers have sole discretion over the items that are carried online and in the Hobby Lobby stores. Please continue to check our online inventory as we are continually adding more products to our website. 

If you have any additional questions or comments please don’t hesitate to ask. Your time and business is important to us. Have a wonderful day!  

Best Regards,