P-47 134th FS, Vermont ANG?

15 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Wow!!! ...and that's definitely a Vermont bird?? Where did you find that??

Must ask about the color on the spine...is that just an extension of the antiglare color on top of the cowling? Would it be OD?

I found it while doing an internet search a while back. I had a few more in my older computer, but they were lost when it crashed.

I do remember a picture of a top view of an ANG F-47 in color that showed that the cowl and spine were indeed in OD Green, however, I don't remember if it was a Vermont machine, or someone else.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Wondering, which 1/72 kit would be the best choice to build this bird? Being a postwar bird I don't know if there's a particular preference.

That's a D-30-RE. I would use the Tamiya kit with the Quickboost Dorsal fin and compressibility flaps.

I don't know about 1/72 , but the Tamiya kit in 1/48th scale that you want is the P-47M boxing.

it contains the compressability flaps,4 dorsal fillets,K-14 gun-sight,correct floor for the cockpit and all 4 propellers. :D

2 hours ago, PFlint said:

I don't know about 1/72 , but the Tamiya kit in 1/48th scale that you want is the P-47M boxing.

it contains the compressability flaps,4 dorsal fillets,K-14 gun-sight,correct floor for the cockpit and all 4 propellers. :D

Tamiya never did the M kit in 1/72nd, despite tooling it like the 1/48th to allow for it, hence the need for the Quickboost parts. An engine has to be sourced and as well as a prop (or modify a prop). if you want to do an M in the smaller scale.

• 3 weeks later...

AAAAAH....that's what it is....isn't listed under that name, at least where I was looking; had been going right past something called "P-47 Wing Conversion" and didn't even know.

And actually what I meant by source (I should have worded it better) was a good place to buy it. US source.... Since I wasn't seeing it LOL