Reviews of the Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-27

13 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

I did a search and came up with mostly nada, including here. Anybody got a link? Thanks.

The search on ARC is horrific after the update and seemingly there is no interest to fix it. (same issue was on the old forum, but at one point it got fixed and worked great) So i recommend using google advanced search and search within ARC in that way.

I am not sure what you are asking exactly regarding the artwork, but if you mean if the nose is correct in the kit, no it is not. Sprue shots posted here along with the discussion on the nose.

11 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Thanks.  Are the canopy/windscreen parts actually like the artwork?

My understanding (and I am no rivet counter btw) is that Trumpeter has consistently repeated the same windscreen/canopy errors again and again on each of the MiG-23/27 variants they have issued. According to the comparisons I've seen, the windscreen/canopy sills exhibit an angle that is not present on the actual airplane. I've also read that to fix this one would need an entirely new forward fuselage. But, I also understand that there are other errors on the airframe, which are perhaps less glaring.

On 11/21/2016 at 5:10 AM, Berkut said:

The search on ARC is horrific after the update and seemingly there is no interest to fix it. (same issue was on the old forum, but at one point it got fixed and worked great) So i recommend using google advanced search and search within ARC in that way.

I am not sure what you are asking exactly regarding the artwork, but if you mean if the nose is correct in the kit, no it is not. Sprue shots posted here along with the discussion on the nose.

Ditto reference the Search on ARC. Needs to be fixed ASAP.