F-15C 80-0048 57th FIS

6 hours ago, admiralcag said:

I have finally gotten some more work done. I actually misplaced it during a massive house clean-up and it delayed me for a while.

The gear bays, shaped and painted.

Installed. Not perfect, but I will work on it.

32850910741_6f7ef5d4aa_k.jpg

The ejection seat. This is the first time I used Perfect Plastic Putty. Turned out pretty good.

And the interior green.

More to follow...

Vern

AdmiralCAG, how long did it take you to sand and re-scribe the fuselage?  I am planning on doing the same to a number of revellogram kits that I have, but I have never done it before.  Was the dymo tape "trick" worthwhile?

12 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

AdmiralCAG, how long did it take you to sand and re-scribe the fuselage?  I am planning on doing the same to a number of revellogram kits that I have, but I have never done it before.  Was the dymo tape "trick" worthwhile?

It took an afternoon to do both the top and bottom of the fuselage. I was lucky enough to find some thick Dymo tape and that worked pretty well, except on the compound curves of the intake trunks and engines.

Practice, practice, practice!

Vern

16 hours ago, Murph said:

Bay 5 (the area behind the cockpit) should be gloss white.  FY 79 and earlier used the metallic green, and FY 80 and later jets used gloss white.

Regards,

Murph

Dang. I never got to see behind the cockpit when I was in Keflavik.

I am under a bit of a time crunch, so my model will suffer from Tamiya syndrome and I am okay with that. One of the mottoes of the CoMMiES is "Finished is better than perfect." The other is "We're not evil. We're just dicks."

Vern

15 hours ago, admiralcag said:

My youngest wanted a modeling day yesterday, so I burnt a day of vacation and obliged him.

32980595566_056b10f986_k.jpg

Next task - nose gear

nutcracker eh?  do you use that for "difficult" to open paint bottles?

• 2 weeks later...