18 super hornet for RCAF

defense minister have just announced it at the news. more to come...

talks are going on with boeing for the purchase of 18 super hornet as a temporary solution while the process of CF-18 replacement will be going on...

CBC LINK

so, at least, our guys will have newer airframes... 

Edited by mingwin

Already being discussed in the CF-18 thread.

This is a farce from the flakey Liberals. To set up infrastructure and training for 18 jets is astronomically expensive and will be taxing on an already stretched thin military. We don't have enough people to train some of them on 18 airframes.

Another case of the Liberals showing how clueless they truly are.

maybe... but aren't our previous government supposed to order the F-35 years ago, and Nothing moved... so, sunny's government might have done the "worst" move for some... but still a better move than none (what our previous headless conservaTAR did...)

and this government was elected with the promise "not to buy" the F-35.   

and yes, it might have been discussed in another thread... but when i got the "news" on TV the "lament thread about CF-18 replacement" was not updated...and not the place where i wanted to post! (don't wanted to read that Lookheed-MarTTin-Wannabe-P.R.-armchair-expert)

sure, this will cost money... but everything will cost big money anyway! how will cost Tar sands exploitation to canadian taxpayers in the end?(without even counting on ecological/environment/health concerns and pollution) no one knows yet ...but surely way more than some Super Hornet... 

i would have chosen the F-35, but hey! it's democracy...and not just "my money" ...but "our money".  ...now, if elected president Trump is friendlier with Poutin, we have less to worries from our north borders...:rofl:

you know, for some canadians, the F-35 is kind of our "Hillary"... 

Edited by mingwin

Seaking replacement - part 2

The story starts with, "We hate the F-35 Because the Conservatives liked it.  Let's cancel that, dick around with "negotiations" with Boeing and pay their price, hold another "competition" and delay things until after the next election and then pick something that offers the most industrial offsets for la belle province."   Do I sound cynical?  Sign me disappointed.

On 2016-11-23 at 6:34 AM, mingwin said:

maybe... but aren't our previous government supposed to order the F-35 years ago, and Nothing moved... so, sunny's government might have done the "worst" move for some... but still a better move than none (what our previous headless conservaTAR did...)

and this government was elected with the promise "not to buy" the F-35.   

and yes, it might have been discussed in another thread... but when i got the "news" on TV the "lament thread about CF-18 replacement" was not updated...and not the place where i wanted to post! (don't wanted to read that Lookheed-MarTTin-Wannabe-P.R.-armchair-expert)

sure, this will cost money... but everything will cost big money anyway! how will cost Tar sands exploitation to canadian taxpayers in the end?(without even counting on ecological/environment/health concerns and pollution) no one knows yet ...but surely way more than some Super Hornet... 

i would have chosen the F-35, but hey! it's democracy...and not just "my money" ...but "our money".  ...now, if elected president Trump is friendlier with Poutin, we have less to worries from our north borders...:rofl:

you know, for some canadians, the F-35 is kind of our "Hillary"... 

Our democracy doesn't always work. If you count votes Trudeau would have a minority government.

On 11/23/2016 at 6:22 PM, bmccarron said:

Seaking replacement - part 2

The story starts with, "We hate the F-35 Because the Conservatives liked it.  Let's cancel that, dick around with "negotiations" with Boeing and pay their price, hold another "competition" and delay things until after the next election and then pick something that offers the most industrial offsets for la belle province."   Do I sound cynical?  Sign me disappointed.

Basically this.

please stop. and stop with the insults. The previous government elected to SLEP the CF-18s into 2025 and the DND was looking into buying second hand hornets from Kuwait if needed. The way the Super Hornets are being acquired "doing something now" will pretty much result in new aircraft at the same time electing F-35 would have. insult me all you want, I know more than you do on the subject, and I'm not even a Canadian. 

You may want to do some actual research into what happened with the bureaucrat infighting ming:

http://www.cdainstitute.ca/images/Vimy_Papers/Vimy_Paper_33.pdf

Edited by TaiidanTomcat