P-51 Mustang - 20mm Cannon Drawings

Does anyone have any drawings or pictures showing details of the operational 20mm cannon installation in the early model P-51/Mustang IA aircraft?  In particular, I am looking for details of the cannon installation in the wing and the ammunition feed chute arrangements.  These drawings seem to be particularly hard to find.  Does anyone know if the cannons were fed from one ammunition box or two?  Thanks . 

On 11/22/2016 at 1:20 PM, roncl said:

Does anyone have any drawings or pictures showing details of the operational 20mm cannon installation in the early model P-51/Mustang IA aircraft?  In particular, I am looking for details of the cannon installation in the wing and the ammunition feed chute arrangements.  These drawings seem to be particularly hard to find.  Does anyone know if the cannons were fed from one ammunition box or two?  Thanks . 

Hopefully this will be of some help.

Mk.IA%20cannon%20bay_zpsckan3nsq.jpg

2 hours ago, roncl said:

Thanks Tom.  This picture reflects the wing mock up for the installation of 20mm in the early P-51 Mustang wing.  I am pretty sure it was changed substantially for the operational use of the cannons.  Thanks again.

It was an operational test jig used to test cannon function, so it might very well have changed for operational use. Would like more info on it myself. If you come across some and are willing to share..........

Hi Tom.  I found the answer.  The 20mm cannon were fed from a single ammunition box located outboard of the cannons. The box was divided into two sections, with the inner box containing ammunition for the outboard cannon, and the outer box containing ammunition for the inboard cannon.  There was a cover for the inboard box, so that ammunition for the inboard gun could pass over the inboard box.  There is very good cutaway of this set up in the Osprey Air Vanguard book 'Allison Powered Mustangs" by Martyn Chortlyn.  This is the only cutaway of the 20mm Mustang I cutaway that I have seen.  It took a lot of searching, but I finally found the answer.  Ron