The Siege of Jadotville

Watched and enjoyed it. I have a personal connection to Ireland and after having done a little Googling, think these guys really got the shaft. Looks like their government has started to at least attempt to make things right. That commander did an incredible job...

Bill

billweckelphotography.com

Yes, watched it with the Mrs on Netflix a while back and we both thought it was very good.

It prompted me to do a bit of research on the situation, and has inspired my next build which will be the Magister jet from the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching after seeing it mentioned here - Was really well made - great to see netflix tackle some of the smaller conflicts in the early cold war years - hopefully more to come!

though in the scene with the UN secretary on the plane - you see the chasing plane is a F-4 phantom!  :rolleyes:

I also just bought an AMK Fouga Magister after seeing it in the movie.  It certainly plan to build it in 2017, hopefully not my only build.  My goal is 17 in 2017, to go with my 16 in 2016.  I'm at 13 so far with the finishing touches going on a B-24 that should be finished this weekend.  Most of them are not nearly as detailed as the AMK kit though.  

6 minutes ago, RaymondNZ said:

im looking forward to the special hobby 72nd kit, the AMK one looks amazing!

It's bizarre someone would put so much effort into a kit of such an obscure aircraft? It is quite obscure isn't it?

And just as bizarre is that this kit turned up in one of our local chemist shops!  We no longer have a hobby shop in town, but one of the chemist "like his toys" (the words of one of his staff) and has started stocking a little modelling stuff, a few kits, trains etc.  I was telling my wife about it and she & our girls have bought it for my Xmas pres.

2 minutes ago, Thommo said:

It's bizarre someone would put so much effort into a kit of such an obscure aircraft? It is quite obscure isn't it?

And just as bizarre is that this kit turned up in one of our local chemist shops!  We no longer have a hobby shop in town, but one of the chemist "like his toys" (the words of one of his staff) and has started stocking a little modelling stuff, a few kits, trains etc.  I was telling my wife about it and she & our girls have bought it for my Xmas pres.

There were close to 1,000 built and it served with at least 26 countries.  Since it is a trainer and light attack aircraft it isn't well known but it was produced in numbers close to the T-37 and T-38.