I'm looking for what marking options you'd like to see in the Kitty Hawk UH-1D/H.  I make no promises but I'd like to know what you'd like to see.  Please provide photos here with as much information as you have.  Did you or your family fly Hueys in Vietnam?  Now might be the time to do the markings for them.  I have some that I want to include but I want to see what you have.  Again no promises but you never know.  What they don't use I may put on a Werner's Wings sheet or two.

Floyd

How about a late war Huey.  Either the VNAF gunship shown on the previous thread or a US Army example like this one:

CTRP-4CAV.jpg

028Tb.jpg

Plenty of pictures of other Hueys in this unit, circa 1973.  Cav flag on the tail, plus last three of the S/N.  

8 hours ago, AndrewPerren said:

You and Mason already have all the stuff for RAAF 9 Sqn in Vietnam. :thumbsup:

Yes we do.  I'll have to look through what you gave us to make sure we have one without all the late war mods and the Bushmaster arrangement.  Those are for another version of the model as long as they do what I want them to do. 

I also have to find a Vietnamese aircraft without the mods.

Floyd

The Huey in the picture above is from my 2nd tour unit, C/16 CAV.  I flew Cobras with them from Aug 72 thru the end of the war IN 73.  You can google C/16th CAV.  There are some food shot of the Huey paint schemes and unit logos.  GT

18 hours ago, DonSS3 said:

Certainly Vietnam-era markings, but I think foreign markings (maybe in a separate release) would be great.

There will be a separate boxing for some foreign users.  I'm trying to do Australia, Germany and El Salvador as a minimum.  Not my call though.  But I do need the information to do them properly.   There may be a decal sheet for them.

17 hours ago, salvador001 said:

If you do a foreign decal sheet, please include some from El Salvador, specially the ones with noseart. Those are fantastic.

Rod.

17 hours ago, salvador001 said:

If you do a foreign decal sheet, please include some from El Salvador, specially the ones with noseart. Those are fantastic.

Rod.

Rod, send me the pics and the artwork and we'll see what I can do.  No promises but we'll see.

44 minutes ago, jimm33 said:

If possible, would like a "DUSTOFF" option if the kit parts would allow this version to be built.

Jim

Many Dustoff aircraft did not have the litter carriers in the field but just put the wounded on the floor and seats.  I'm trying to include the Dustoff markings.  I have selected three marking options to present to KH.  One is Novosel, one is a white elephant and one is just a typical medevac.  As for a Medevac interior, that will have to wait for a separate boxing, maybe the later UH-1H Post-Vietnam where it was more prevalent.

Floyd

If I could find good references, i'd love to see markings for my next door neighbor's unit, C Co 101st Aviation Battalion.  Next up, and again, reference challenged, would be #405, the Green Lizard from Rattler One-Seven.  All I have for that one are the photos in the book and the author's description of the zinc green replacement tail boom that never got repainted Olive Drab.

Whatever markings end up in the box, I hope decals for the "EMERGENCY EXIT" stencils on the inside sides of the front windshield and IP are included on the sheet.

Can't wait!

Edited by Sabre Freak
On 11/29/2016 at 9:56 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I'm trying to include the Dustoff markings.  I have selected three marking options to present to KH.  One is Novosel, one is a white elephant and one is just a typical medevac. 

Forgive me for my Huey ignorance, but what is a white elephant??? Got a pic of it?

Tim

11 hours ago, Sabre Freak said:

If I could find good references, i'd love to see markings for my next door neighbor's unit, C Co 101st Aviation Battalion.  Next up, and again, reference challenged, would be #405, the Green Lizard from Rattler One-Seven.  All I have for that one are the photos in the book and the author's description of the zinc green replacement tail boom that never got repainted Olive Drab.

Whatever markings end up in the box, I hope decals for the "EMERGENCY EXIT" stencils on the inside sides of the front windshield and IP are included on the sheet.

Can't wait!

Dont forget the EMERGENCY RELEASE PULL stencil, the HAND HOLD stencil, and the seat information stencil on the back of the pilot seats, oh and the stencils on the transmission cabin walls when the bird doesnt have the soundproofing installed.

Rod.

14 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Forgive me for my Huey ignorance, but what is a white elephant??? Got a pic of it?

Tim

This term usually refers to the all white medevacs that flew in Vietnam in 72.  Apparently some general got the bright idea that medevacs were being fired upon because they weren't clearly marked as non-combatant aircraft.  As you can imagine, the white birds made very inviting targets.  Below is UH-1H 68-16489 with the 247th Med Detachment, one of the white Vietnam Hueys. Since her records don't extend beyond Vietnam, I assume she was lost in country. Photo from US Army Transportation Museum archives.  

13055087_10154050251054098_8408568639619

7 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Dont forget the EMERGENCY RELEASE PULL stencil, the HAND HOLD stencil, and the seat information stencil on the back of the pilot seats, oh and the stencils on the transmission cabin walls when the bird doesnt have the soundproofing installed.

Rod.

I think the stencils for the back wall might be a bit much to hope for, but hopefully the rest will be in the decal set.

Ray