Harrier GR.9A... Eduard... 1/48

It`s just about finished, only some final and polishing touches are remaining, and the Harrier should be absolutely ready soon. :) It comes to the Eduard`s Harrier in 1/48 and I finished with the assembly just about a week ago. I do it in conjunction with Mitko and the ready model will be published on Mitko`s blog first (@DNmodels), along with the full assembly and a full build video. :)) Sounds nice, but it`s not ready yet. So check out his blog. And here is the trailer of the build. There are nearly 20 "things" that do something... rotate, turn, open... to make 3 transformable displays out of this model - on the ground/parked mode; one in a VTOL mode; and one flying in the air. It was quite an adventure, but i think that it will turn out into my best model so far. I plan to use oil paints for the first time, with new special brushes, and some semi-gloss lacquer too. It is not finished yet, but I think that I could open the topic in this section. Just a couple of photos from today:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They look like a small teaser :P  I`ll post updates when the Harrier is ready. Only the decals are done so far. It`s a beautiful Harrier... mm, not my favorite plane, but it`s gut, it`s gut, and this tail with the Lorraine Cross is just magnificent. 

Do the blow-in doors move? If not, it appears the configuration is for on-the-ground, static display, with engine off. I viewed the excellent video, and it showcases your excellent scratchbuilding skills. Congratulations on a great build.

Thank you Marv!

The aux blow-in doors are static, but, well... too small :)) There is definitely some "what-if" component in the build like VTOL with bombs and a targeting pod. I`m starting the weathering holiday today and plan to make it a little bit more weathered than the original anniversary plane. The pilot`s hand is off the control stick... the front (cold) nozzles can rotate to at least -20 degrees... and there are some other imperfections too.

The Harrier is ready. It`s definitely my best model so far and a lot of it is thanks to Mitko. :) He should post more pics/video on his blog, so follow the dnmodels blog. Here are just a couple of photos after the initial photo session:

With daylight:

image.jpg

And in VTOL mode. This photo is with nightlights and the colors look quite different:

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...