Show Us Your Display Cases!

Please post photos of your display cases and tell us where you purchased them or how you built them, and provide any info you think may be helpful, such as lighting, etc... Just want to see how everyone is storing and displaying their finished works and try to get some ideas for how to display mine.

Thanks in advance!

This is a Waddell Heritage Series Floor Display Case with a lighted cornice, "Autumn Oak" frame color, and mirror backing. 76'' H x 48'' W x 18'' D

I got it from Wayfair Supply. With additional shelf brackets and glass shelving mounts from Woodcraft and full-width shelves from the local glass shop, I have a mixture of full-width and the original half-width shelves. I'll add more shelves as I go..

display_zps2yr68jm1.jpg

Oh, and that's my girl Cora in front. Her boyfriend Omar is out back protecting the house from squirrels...  They're both from German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County.

This display case I had made when I retired.  I did the finish work on it, staining etc. and
added the glass doors and shelves.  No lighting in it.  It is 8' L x 5.5' H x 22" deep.
DISPLAY4_zps287afc5c.jpg

These two display cases were actually old 8 track tape display cabinets that I picked up
from a music store going out of business for $15.00 each.  I added the glass doors and
shelves to this one too.
DISPLAY1_zpsa5c8924b.jpg

Don't have the money to hold 500 some odd models in purpose built display cases. Have one nice glass one from Ikea, everything else is a bookcase or shelf collected over the last 30 some years.

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't have the money to hold 500 some odd models in purpose built display cases. Have one nice glass one from Ikea, everything else is a bookcase or shelf collected over the last 30 some years.

How do you manage the dust? I used to keep my models in open shelves behind my desk, but the dust was horrible! 

Picked up two old display cabinets back in August. So far I have sanded no refinished one. New brackets for the glass shelves, used thin strips of wood from Home Depot for the door tracks with the groves cut using a table saw and plexiglass for the doors.

http://imgur.com/FCab0qJ

http://imgur.com/2oF9fJr

http://imgur.com/7kfTQ6M