Modern Luftwaffe GB - 60th anniversary

Happy 60th anniversary Luftwaffe-GB  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to celebrate with us and so let's do a group build?

• Hey, presto! I will eat my hat if I don't have some kits with iron crosses in my stash! So I am dedicated for that GB!
    • Sorry, my Lederhose does not fit my body anymore and my Schwarzwald Kuckucksuhr is in Hongkong for repair. I will chicken out!
    • Not this time, maybe when they celebrate the 100 year anniversary.

So now I start a poll to see if and how many fellow modellers would like to build a model from the modern german Luftwaffe. That means: any aircraft that was/is in service from 1956 until today. As the german navy (Marine) has some flying machines, jets, choppers, props...and also the Marine has its 60th birthday, those aircrafts are included. 

You have many choices in color: NMF, yellow or white trainers, grey and olive green camo, lizard wrap around camo, Norm 81 camo ("only" 5 different shades of grey), modern grey, and yes! orange!! Test aircrafts from WTD 61 like the canberra or the F-4F. Line birds are too boring? OK, I am sure there are some nice special paintings and fly-out schemes that could find your liking.

Many choices in jets: F-84F, RF-84F, Sabre Mk.6, F-86K, F-104G, RF-104G, the phinest Phighter F-4F and sister RF-4E, Tornado, EF-2000, MIG-29, SU-22, MIG-21, Alpha jet, Fiat G-91, Fouga Magister, seahawk, and even the F-20 (one prototype was at WTD 61 for a certain time for testing).

No mood for hot air? Here comes the props: T-6 Texan, C-47, OV-10B Bronco, Do-27, Do-28, Piaggio P-149, Fairey Gannet, Percival Pembroke, Noratlas, C-160 Transall, A-400M, Piper PA-18, HU-16 Albatros, even the OV-1 Mohawk was there for testing.

Fixed wings not your topic? You prefer helicopters? Voila! Bell 47, UH-1D, Bristol Sycamore, H-34, H-21 flying banana, Alouette II, Bo-105, Tiger, CH-53G, NH-90, Seaking, Westland Lnyx, Mil Mi 24

I stop now to count, feel free to continue!

Who ever wants to mod or co-mod, let me know. 

I am in with Eduard 1/48 F-104

And to clarify rules, I presume any scale is ok. How about What Ifs? (the question always comes up) 

What dates were you thinking of proposing for this GB?

I will be glad to co-mod this one if you need help.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I am in for this, but take your time. Right now we are keeping GBs to 3 at a time. Otherwise we don't get enough entries in each separate GB.

no more than 3 for a given 6 month period? Since there are over lapping periods that means there could be up to 6 GB in progress.

11 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

I am in with Eduard 1/48 F-104

And to clarify rules, I presume any scale is ok. How about What Ifs? (the question always comes up) 

What dates were you thinking of proposing for this GB?

I will be glad to co-mod this one if you need help.

Hi Kurt,

your help is appreciated! Also Crazy Snap Captain signalized some support, no problem for 2 co-mods.

Yes, sure, any scale, any brand, oob or super pimped, scratch build...also already started kits allowed, like always, up to cockpit completed. I just think about to allow entries that stalled in a past GB and fit in that topic, too (e.g. a F-4F / RF-4E from a past "Phantom GB" and now to be finished here. The moeller just should show us the link to the old GB and his project -- just my 2cent. We can discuss it later).

What if...hmm, to be honest, this GB has so many options, more than you can build in 6 months (except Phantom ;-).

But why not? Just bring us the reason for the Whif! Maybe a F-20 as an active line jet...if the former government had decided to buy that jet years ago.

Dates: for me, start at jan 1 would be fine as I have more time to sit on the workbench in winter due to my job and weather here in Bavaria. But I also see that I am late to propose that GB idea and so who comes first... also april 1 2017 can be ok.

I just checked the GB calendar and for start Jan 1 there are already 3 GBs. 

So proposed start for Lw GB will be March 1 2017, duration 6 months.

Ok, guys, don't hesitate to give us your vote! 

I am relaxed, Kurt. The poll is just online for about one and a half day and there are already 17 positive votes!! I have not mobilized my fellow german modelling friends, hehe. And my own vote is also still missing.

I really look forward to it finally having a reason to build a Luftwaffe bird (will be the 2nd after my modelling re-entry some years ago).

9 hours ago, Crazy Snap Captain said:

Tobi,

I'm in buddy. I'll have to decline on them co-mod this time as I won't be able to dedicate the time during that time of the year :(

Happy to to make some banners for you though. 

Hi Andrew,

happy to read that! So I set up Kurt and you as co-mods, that's pretty fine. 

And your help making banner(s) is highly appreciated because I havo zero experience in doing that, Meanwhile I will start to source some nice prices again and hopefully I can be that successfull like last time for the HAF GB.

What would I be with? Probably a Zipper...TF-104G  or RF-104G, let' s see.

28 minutes ago, kkair said:

Hi Tobi, I am on board. I will do my very best. kkair

Hi kk-air!

Welcome and thanks for supporting! 

Now we already made the important 25 YES votes! I must say, it was a short time getting them. If you want, still feel free to vote.

But I just posted a GB proposal in the forum's GB section and let's wait for the result what the mods will decide.

You can find it here: proposed Luftwaffe GB

Thank you Pete for the vid.

Good examples for some loadouts! So you can make a F-4F from JG74 in Norm 72 camo with Napalm...

In 1/48 there are some bombs (Matra, BL755) and Rockets (LAU-51) available from Wingman Models -  http://www.shopofphantoms.com/rhino/Pulsar/de_DE.Shop.displayShop.7876./wingman-models , Napalm ("firebombs") must be there from AMS Resin.

Double carrier, too (for Alpha Jet), for F-104 it is in the DACO update set.

Too bad, the G-91 is not on the market yet (announced from...AMK!?).

Edited by tobiK