FW 190 book search

Hello all,

For my later war 109 kits I stumbled onto this a few years ago:

mmp9110_0.jpg

And it has amazing info on camo and markings per each company which manufactured 109s.  What a factory camo scheme would look like, national markings and their placement, profiles...

Now I really would like something along the lines of this book but for 190s, late A models and D models.  Not coming up with much on online stores as I can't see what's in the books.

Any suggestions about books like the 109 book but for 190s would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ken

There are Valiant Wings books, with one each for the A and D, maybe even the Ta 152.

But they're not exclusively turned toward camo and markings.

Best references ever to me are the two-volume Crandall and JaPo, with the same remark as above.

Hi Ken

As mentioned above the two volumes by Jerry Crandall on the Fw 190 D-9 fit what you are looking for. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware of there is no similar references for the BMW 801 powered types. The main factories for these included Focke-Wulf, Arado, AGO, Fieseler and NDW so it would be great if eventually something appears. According to Kagero Fw 190 at War Part I, Fieseler built Fw 190 A-8/R2 fighters exhibited a standard scheme of RLM 74/75/76 with heavy mottling of RLM 74/75 on the fuselage, white fuselage crosses filled with RLM 74 and black and white with black outline underwing crosses. 

Horrido!

Leo

Ah, now this is heading where I thought it might.

I've been referring to my "Official Monogram Painting..." book for years and it seemed pretty straightforward.

But the 109 book had so much more info concerning Werk Nummeren(?), (or however it's spelled), and camo and colors and markings per each manufacturer I felt I could practically take a particular Werk Nummer and figure the colors, cam, and markings with a pretty good degree of accuracy.

If the Kagero books are similar, I will invest.

Thank you, Leo.

Ken

Here are the books I was talking about.

JaPo. I'm afraid they're sold out by now, so difficult to find and expensive. But what a pair of references! Other books by JaPo could be of some interest to you, check their web page.

japo_f11.jpg

japo_f10.jpg

The Crandall's. They're completing each other with JaPo. I think they're still available. But nevertheless difficult to find, and expensives.

cranda10.jpg

cranda11.jpg

Hi guys

Another tidbit regarding Fw 190 A-series camouflage and markings: Fw 190 A-8 fighters of the 380 Werknummer block built by Mimetall Erfurt had RLM 74/75/76 camouflage with a high demarcation line and no mottling. The national markings consisted of the late war outline type and were were applied in the same style, size and position on all aircraft. A distinctive feature of this series is that the Werknummer was painted in a heavy, blocky style on both sides of the tail fin and in contrary to normal practice in a lower position above the tailplane.

Horrido!

Leo

Antoine, I checked out your suggestions on eBay to see if they were available.  Crandall... yes.  Japo... no.  But I am leaning towards investing in the Valiant books.  Thank you for the excellent information.

Leo, your latest post is exactly what I meant about the info I enjoyed using from the Wotowski book (first post).  Even without illustrations it can be interpreted and later, possibly,  compared with actual photos.

Thanks again, guys.  Any more info at any future time will always be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Ken