The Star Trek group build is starting in one month. While your not building a nice helicopter or a "classic" kit for the other GBs, build up the Federation.

See, its still "technically" the 50th anniversary of the Start of the show.

For me. I intend to build a lit up NX-01 USS Enterprise and a nice Klingon bird.

"What ifs" and lightly started kits are welcome. So long as it sorts of fits in the Star Trek universe. Like a Federation marked X-wing or a Borg death star. Just give the what if a plausible back story and you should be good to go.

Just a couple weeks now. Hope to finish off another commission build in time so I can get one built for "me" for a change.

Checked out my NX-01 as some paint dried on a commission, Dang that paint job looks hard. Get your fleets lined up!

I saw that kit on line!! I was thinking of using a Hasegawa kit with scrounged decals to make the right airframe. I "think" Canmilair actually sells the "right" decals but they are off line till New Years.

That was one of my favorite episodes.  If I remember correctly, the S.A.C. Elite uniform wasn't quite right.  I think it was mostly the position of the S.A.C. badge on the beret  and something else that I can't quite put my finger on right now.    The office they used would not have had the alarm system, such as it was, there but at either the base police dispatch desk or the security control center.

At any rate, I saw it when it first aired and still like it, especially with the new graphics.

When I was on my first overseas tour in S.E.A. they were asking for people from our squadron to volunteer for the S.A.C. Elite guards.  I decided that I would rather be a standard L.E. cop that a 8 hour statue in some underground bunker or other entry point.

I have a couple NX class ships with the masking and lights to do one.  I tried out the lights and think they are too bright.  Is there a way to tune them down a bit?

Picked up a spot light for my Enterprise,  belongs in a RC car but hopefully  will do the trick. Was going over the instructions.  Figure I can build it in a week, but the paint and design also will take a lot more time.

Maybe if I used a frosted or matte material, it would help.  I'll have to see what I have left over at work.

The NX paint scheme isn't too bad.  It's just a matter of what color to use for the base.  I'm thinking of a brass or bronze, or both.

That darn Aztec paint job is all that's keeping me from starting my 1701 refit. I have the stencils for masking, but the colors and the shine look like a big problem.  Then there's the lights all over the place.  How do you get the spotlight focusing effect to work?  There has to be some kind of lenses that will work.  If this keeps up, maybe I'll just sell it and be done with it.

I picked up decals for the Aztec design on my NX-01 a couple years ago. Its something like 8 sheets of decals! For the base I am going with steel for the most part with a lighter shade on the engines. Right now there is nothing on the model table while I wait for these new group builds to start.

Really looking forward to building this guy. Thats why I started the GB in the first place. Had wanted to get it going during my past "Enterprise GB" but you can only build so many models in 6 months. For this GB I only have two planned, my NX and a Klingon. Unless of course I can find a old school (60s) NCC-1701 in 1/350 at Heritage-con in March.

Now that's one I'd like to get my hands on.

I think the NX class was more of a bronze or brass base color though.  I'll have to break out my DVDs to check.  I did one for a friend in alternate markings but with some different shades of steel and aluminum.  To me it didn't look right but the owners were happy.

Be careful with the decals for the area around the launch bay.  Mine fell apart.  You might want to coat and trim them .

Sounds like a good plan. If I do it now it will have a couple weeks to dry. I played with the old lights I intend to put in the model. They are from a NCC-1701 that lit up and had phazers and torpedo sounds.

THEY STILL WORKED!!! Have to be 30 years old as I built and trashed that kit before I was married. Sad thing is the battery pack got extremely warm very fast. So I kind of fear loading it into my model. Might disconnect the sound board and run with just a 9 volt battery instead.

I may have to jump in on this GB. As always I will over shoot and get too ambitious and do a project I may never finish, but perhaps this time I will actually get it done. I think I'm going to start up on a scratch build that I'd planned long ago (I did actually start a little but haven' even scratched the surface of what needs to be built) I am going to try to build a 1/24 scale TOS Enterprise bridge (may or may not have figures if I can find a source to convert). I have the plans and everything printed out and started making cut templates for the consoles and floors. It's just matter of actually cutting and doing it. This GB might be the one thing I need to kick myself into gear and do it!

Bill

$300 US plus $25 shipping in the states, works out to ohhhhhhh around $8 million Canadian. So no. Would be neat. Only 25 being produced. Would fit nice with my NX-01. Still have to get me a Old School Enterprise in 1/350.

Yeah, well, even though I'm single I found myself saying that if I bought it, I'd have to kick myself out of the house. 

Even I have limitations.  Same thing when I look at the 1/48 Trumpeter Type VIIC unterseeboot.  $400+ on eBay plus shipping. 

Still waiting on the 1/32 TOS Shuttlecraft.  Stillborn....no new posts about it for some years now. 

Edited by VADM Fangschleister