• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 8:19 PM, ReccePhreak said:

I guess I will have to start saving up,

On 3/25/2017 at 8:48 PM, ikar said:

Deffinately have to save up.

On 3/27/2017 at 9:42 AM, DonSS3 said:

This one kit will likely blow Mt model budget for the year!

Go ahead and save up. It's a good habit to get into.

That said, though I still don't know what the price will be, we're going to try our best to keep it reasonable.

Surface details:

Bronco_26_sm_zpsw5akfpiu.jpg

Bronco_27_sm_zpsgh6nkugg.jpg

Bronco_28_sm_zps8dnmpjpz.jpg

Surface detail will include both raised and engraved rivets/fasteners and overlapping panels where appropriate.

Bronco_29_sm_zpsyc8wczdn.jpg

Bronco_30_sm_zpsqzjbus2x.jpg

Here's a shot of the underside of the wing showing the cargo bay roof:

Bronco_31_sm_zpsimbq3bns.jpg

:cheers:

Ok that's it, I have now officially thrown my Tesotrs kit into that round bucket beside my desk. It makes absolutely no sense me working on that anymore after seeing this. I was actually vibrating with excitement seeing those renders.

I also have the Paragon conversion to modify the Testors kit to get the OV-10G. Now that looks like a waste or maybe I can keep it to use on the Hazmat kit?

Those renderings look extremely impressive but areas like the ailerons and elevon vortex generators make me wonder how the actual plastic parts will look like. Has HazMat settled on who'll be doing the tooling ?

Edited by Laurent

the panel line renders, I'd say, are pretty much spot on! :cheers:

and a couple of pointers too:

- the center fuel tank panel and fuel caps are depicted (this is missing in the 1/32 KH OV-10 kit)
 - all 5 crew folding access steps are now depicted (the KH kit is missing 1 - the step right beside the sponson fairing)

- the wingtip fairings now have the correct demarcation line (no kit until this has depicted it correctly... even the Paragon Designs replacement wing for the Testors kit doesn't have it)

Edited by Hans
On 4/4/2017 at 9:52 PM, skyhawk174 said:

I also have the Paragon conversion to modify the Testors kit to get the OV-10G. Now that looks like a waste or maybe I can keep it to use on the Hazmat kit?

I can't say for certain that we'll do a "G", but if we don't you might be able to adapt the conversion.

On 4/5/2017 at 0:47 AM, Laurent said:

Those renderings look extremely impressive but areas like the ailerons and elevon vortex generators make me wonder how the actual plastic parts will look like. Has HazMat settled on who'll be doing the tooling ?

What will the plastic look like? That's the big question! :pray:

We do have the tooling sorted and I'm confident that the plastic will be awesome. Time will tell...

On 4/5/2017 at 4:43 AM, Hans said:

the panel line renders, I'd say, are pretty much spot on! :cheers:

- all 5 crew folding access steps are now depicted (the KH kit is missing 1 - the step right beside the sponson fairing)

Glad you like what you see :thumbsup:

Did you notice the hand-hold on the right wing?

Hand_Hold_zps4pysuprz.jpg

This is spring loaded and normally closed.

7 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

Glad you like what you see :thumbsup:

Did you notice the hand-hold on the right wing?

Hand_Hold_zps4pysuprz.jpg

This is spring loaded and normally closed.

oh yeah! I almost forgot about that one! thanks much for the reminders! and yup, another often overlooked detail by every other kit brand :cheers:

With all that detail in the forward nose section, what about room for a nose weight? Will there be any room forward of the cockpit for weight to be added?

If not, the only other place would be the engine nacelles, and that would be too close to the gear to properly balance the model.

Any plans on including a metal nose weight that would fit the forward fuselage?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

36 minutes ago, f-16 said:

Any plans on including a metal nose weight that would fit the forward fuselage?

We will be including a weight.

Nose_weight_zps1upkk43d.jpg

Will it be enough? We'll know after we get some test shots. If not there are still a few small spots here and there that weights could be added.

Another thing that I remember about these aircraft:  Sometimes I would see them preparing to go and there would be some orange discs sticking out of the top of the wings.  I never went over to ask one of them what they were because they were usually busy with the their part of the war and not many people wanted to talk to us anyway.  We weren't well liked.

2 hours ago, ikar said:

Another thing that I remember about these aircraft:  Sometimes I would see them preparing to go and there would be some orange discs sticking out of the top of the wings.  I never went over to ask one of them what they were because they were usually busy with the their part of the war and not many people wanted to talk to us anyway.  We weren't well liked.

When in doubt - check the tech data.

Orange discs = spoilerstechdata.jpg.d98a62ce7e464cff667794d19c91c532.jpg

the orange plates are the OV-10's roll spoilers... mechanically linked to the ailerons, they pop out on the side where the pilot wants to roll the airplane... the spoilers "spoil" the airflow on the wing where the direction of the roll goes, making that wing lose lift and dip faster, thus augmenting the ailerons when rolling the airplane... this results in a much faster roll rate compared to the one being done by the ailerons alone...

the roll spoilers, being mechanically linked to the ailerons, only pop out one side at a time...

6 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Any update on a release time frame on this?

Not yet. I'll update as soon as I know something.

On 4/13/2017 at 11:51 AM, Hans said:

the roll spoilers, being mechanically linked to the ailerons, only pop out one side at a time...

We originally designed the kit with spoilers and were going to include separate ailerons. However, after studying lots of pictures, we discovered that the Bronco almost always had the ailerons level and the spoilers lowered.

We decided to keep the spoilers (instructions indicating they be lowered)  as they were already designed and add an extra element of detail, but chose not to include separate ailerons and to mold them level.

Bronco_32_sm_zpsxdyj7g5y.jpg

I wonder how quickly Master's crazy miniature machinist will have a go at these?

Bronco_33_sm_zpsz8hqsweb.jpg

Gas bags. USN/USMC with fins and USAF without:

Bronco_34_sm_zpsk17xfwme.jpg

Bronco_35_sm_zpsofdtbc1c.jpg

29 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

I wonder how quickly Master's crazy miniature machinist will have a go at these?

Aren't they're amazing? I just love their stuff!

I struggled mightily with the DUAS vanes on Academy's MiG-21MF pitot, but Master's brilliantly engineered and exquisitely machined pitot just fell together...

I once asked Master about M60 barrels in multiple scales and offered manuals and pictures. They replied they had too much going on already and weren't interested. 1/48, 1/35 and 1/32, I'd buy them all. Hope they reconsider.

Rob

Edited by f4phixer
57 minutes ago, f4phixer said:

I once asked Master about M60 barrels in multiple scales and offered manuals and pictures. They replied they had too much going on already and weren't interested. 1/48, 1/35 and 1/32, I'd buy them all. Hope they reconsider.

Keep the faith. I asked them for a 1/35 M61 several years ago, soon after they released 1/48 and 1/32 versions. While they declined at the time, they said they'd consider it later. Sure enough, they came out with that 1/35 part last year or so.

That wonderful Master part is going to replace the cast metal bits on a Flagship/Viking Models CIWS

On 4/21/2017 at 5:26 AM, Zactoman said:

We originally designed the kit with spoilers and were going to include separate ailerons. However, after studying lots of pictures, we discovered that the Bronco almost always had the ailerons level and the spoilers lowered.

We decided to keep the spoilers (instructions indicating they be lowered)  as they were already designed and add an extra element of detail, but chose not to include separate ailerons and to mold them level.

Bronco_32_sm_zpsxdyj7g5y.jpg

Gas bags. USN/USMC with fins and USAF without:

Bronco_34_sm_zpsk17xfwme.jpg

Bronco_35_sm_zpsofdtbc1c.jpg

I can confirm it as well... for the many years I've been around the real thing, I can confirm that, yes, the ailerons are always at neutral whenever the airplane is parked... I can only remember one time when they put the ailerons aren't neutral on the ground, and that's during maintenance...

if it's still not too late, I suggest putting cutting grooves on the inside mold of the wings (where the ailerons join) so that the modeler can cut the ailerons if he/she wants to reposition them :thumbsup:

the gas bags look great! although I recall when our OV-10s were first delivered, the 230s have fins also, almost identical as of the 150s... but nearly all of the finned 230s today are either junked or are accidentally dropped during combat sorties... and now, the remaining 230s are of the no fins type...

in other words, the gas bags on your kit are good to go :cheers:

9 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Any chance of some neat accessories like a Pave Nail pod?

Not in this boxing.

We are going to include ordinance more specific to the markings we will be including (more on that soon!). But we are looking for references on the PAVE Nail as well as the PAVE Spot installations so please contact me if you've got anything useful.

LAU-68/A, 7-shot 2.75" FFAR pod:

Bronco_36_sm_zpsewahfcrk.jpg

LAU-69/A, 19-shot 2.75" FFAR pod:

Bronco_37_sm_zpsciy8960o.jpg