On 4/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, Whiskey said:

http://www.loran-history.info/Operation_Tight_Reign/PAVE NAIL.pdf

11Bee's Pave Nail topic on here: 

Thanks for sharing but we'd need to find more detailed pics to do it properly.

Small update. LAU-10/A Zuni rocket pods:

Bronco_38_sm_zpslgy67zfb.jpg

Lots more soon!

:cheers:

I'm happy to announce that the kit will include markings created by AOA Decals:

HazMAT_schemes_zpsvy3ky0vc.jpg

(Edit: The HazMAT website is not up yet. I'll announce when it is!)

With that out of the way I'd like to extend a big :worship: "Thank you" :worship: to those who helped us with our research and references in creating this kit.
That includes Steve at AOA (ziggyfoos), Dave Fasset (Bulldog09), Erin Kewin (Timmy!), Jim Rotramel (mrvark), " Vandy 1 vx4 ", The OV-10 Bronco Association, The Fort Worth Aviation Museum staff, Bill at Blackpony.org and everybody that's ever posted anything online about the Bronco including Hans who helped with some details late in the game.
I hope you will all be pleased with the results.

Edited by Zactoman

Super job on the model! Thank you very much for finally making the most accurate scale model kit of the OV-10, ever! :cheers:

I'm very glad to be of assistance Chris! :thumbsup:

now all I need to do is to save up for a fleet of these :banana:

Hey Zacto - amazing project & a stunning debut for HazMAT. Any chance of G+ props, cockpit screen, & MX20 ball forvtge 2015/16 Iraq combat deployment?

4 hours ago, GMK said:

Hey Zacto - amazing project & a stunning debut for HazMAT. Any chance of G+ props, cockpit screen, & MX20 ball forvtge 2015/16 Iraq combat deployment?

Heck, I'd just be happy if they took all this hard work and made an accurate D model, but if they did all that, a G+ wouldn't be too much of a stretch!

Semper,

Ski

I like the frequent updates and feedback I see. I am a bit worried of what the panel lines and rivet detail will look like on the finished plastic. Some of the pock marked kits from manufacturers in recent year yearn for the days of simple finely scribed lines.

My one concern is that the Bronco's main landing gear legs rendered in plastic may be a bit weak if done to scale.

9 hours ago, Craig Baldwin said:

My one concern is that the Bronco's main landing gear legs rendered in plastic may be a bit weak if done to scale.

Never fear!  The ONE aftermarket product that all OV-10 lovers secretly yearn for...the ONE fix for your landing gear worries...

SkisandFloats01_zpsji9h6wcg.jpg

The only question is...WHICH aftermarket producer???

C2j

On 5/8/2017 at 5:25 PM, Cubs2jets said:

Never fear!  The ONE aftermarket product that all OV-10 lovers secretly yearn for...the ONE fix for your landing gear worries...

Oh, be still my heart! I have a complete jones for amphibious aircraft...

I'll have to ask my neighbor (ex NAA) about this one.

1 hour ago, Bushpounder said:

Please leave us some room up front for some lead, OR include a lead piece for the cockpit so she isn't a tail sitter. There's a lot of tail and plane in back of those mains. Can't wait for this one!!! Looking good!!!

Don

Broncos don't sit on their tails.

Broncos rest on their nose.

Chi Lang, Vietnam circa 1970

106chilang.jpg

On 5/7/2017 at 1:34 PM, GMK said:

Any chance of G+ props, cockpit screen, & MX20 ball forvtge 2015/16 Iraq combat deployment?

On 5/7/2017 at 6:23 PM, usmcski6502 said:

Heck, I'd just be happy if they took all this hard work and made an accurate D model, but if they did all that, a G+ wouldn't be too much of a stretch!

For this boxing we are just including stuff for the OV-10A that covers the Vietnam markings included.

Future releases of other variants and options will depend on how well this kit does.

On 5/8/2017 at 9:06 AM, Craig Baldwin said:

I like the frequent updates and feedback I see. I am a bit worried of what the panel lines and rivet detail will look like on the finished plastic. Some of the pock marked kits from manufacturers in recent year yearn for the days of simple finely scribed lines.

I'm very anxious to see the plastic myself. :pray: If the tooling ends up as good as I think it will, we will have a great kit on our hands.

As for the gear, we wanted it to be detailed, accurate and to scale. Again, I'm anxious to get my hands on plastic and hoping it will be OK.

21 hours ago, Bushpounder said:

Please leave us some room up front for some lead, OR include a lead piece for the cockpit so she isn't a tail sitter. There's a lot of tail and plane in back of those mains. Can't wait for this one!!! Looking good!!!

See my post on the previous page. We are including nose weight in the box.

20 hours ago, VAL-4 Black Ponies said:

Broncos don't sit on their tails.

Broncos rest on their nose.

Chi Lang, Vietnam circa 1970

Nice pic!!!

I don't think I've seen that one published or posted before. Thanks for sharing it.

LAU-33 Zuni tubes mounted on LAU-7/A:

Bronco_43_sm_zpsfbrtkc4x.jpg

Bronco_44_sm_zpsdomhvg2o.jpg

Pylons:

Bronco_45_sm_zpss2za5mzq.jpg

Wow those weapon pods sure look amazing. Like I said my Testors kit is now in the never to be built pile once this one gets released.

Thanks for keeping us updated with the wonderful renderings Zactoman. Much appreciated.

Outstanding job on a subject desired by a lot of modelers and sadly overlooked by manufacturers.  The CAD looks magnificent so far!

I am curious.  The list is probably a mile long of subjects desired by modelers and sadly overlooked by manufacturers.  What motivated you guys to say OV-10!  Let's do The OV-10!

i ask because sometimes the motivation can be as interesting a story as the endeavor itself.

4 hours ago, VAL-4 Black Ponies said:

Grey with LAU 33s - makes it VAL-4's 155494. Why no nose #?

It's a CAD image, the grey is just plastic representation. Everything is grey (props, tires, ordnance, etc) except some brass color showing photo etch in the cockpit. It's not meant to show a scheme.