While stationed at Fort Huachuca, Arizona I had the opportunity to enjoy the ejection seat trainer during an open house on base.  The trainer was a Martin Baker seat on a stand that was launched via a blank change contained in a 75mm cartridge and it was quite a thrill to be strapped in to that seat and getting the experience of pulling the handles for the face curtain down.  No sooner had I pulled the handles, the ride was over as the charge fired and the seat went up the rails and then back down again.  Definitely got my quarters worth of fun out of that experience.

When I was in operations I had to be cockpit qualified because part of my job was to change out all the maps and charts in our aircraft each time they updated.  Those seats always made me a bit nervous when I got in.a F-106 or F-15.  At least with the T-33 I could just lean over the right side of the fuselage and change them out.  I had an offer to go up anytime I wanted when they had a open seat but refused to go.

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/26/2017 at 7:15 PM, ikar said:

An OV-10 w/o sponsons?  It looks just plain necked!

I agree...

On 1/26/2017 at 2:10 PM, junkman3353 said:

And please talk them into a sponson delete option so I can do some of my local planes.

http://tinyurl.com/zjlfj7k

The sponsons are going to be separate parts, but they will fit into pockets on the fuselage. I suppose on future releases we might include parts to cover the pockets for a sponsonless version, but that won't happen on this release so you would need to fill and rescribe that area.

:cheers:

On 1/20/2017 at 9:56 AM, Hans said:

I'll be happy to assist with the details concerned, I have the flight manual of the airplane with me with very useful diagrams...

P.S. I hope the 230 gal. drop tank will be included...

Thanks Hans! PM sent.

Yes it will include both the 230 gal. and 150 gal. center-line tanks as well as some other goodies.

Really excited for a good Bronco in quarter scale.  I can already think of a few A's I'd like to build, from VAL-4 through the Marines in Desert Storm.  I just hope that this release proves to be popular enough to justify continuing the series with the civilianized A's, the D's, and the new G+'s evaluated by the Navy.

Looking forward to this one for sure.

Chris

Looking very tenpting....just when I purchased the bare bone Testors kit and have it almost finished of course.. good news is it stalled out on me at the painting stage so this may be just the justification I need to give it  check flight into the garbage can!!

13 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

And we thank you for that!

Whatever that's supposed to mean, it was meant as a dig at myself for not being patient but settling for a rudimentary kit, not a jab at this new kit annoucement..lighten up!!!

There's a 'rule' that whenever anybody puts a ton of effort into an old kit, a conversion, or a scratchbuild; a new tool, well done, kit of exactly what that person wants is announced and released.  Like I put in the effort to upgrade and convert the old Italeri Mirage III to a Kfir, and just as I got ready to start decals...BAM!...two new tool Kfir kits are announced.

He was simply joking that your efforts on the basic old kit is what caused the modelling gods to inspire the release of this new kit.

Chris

1 hour ago, B-ONE27 said:

Whatever that's supposed to mean, it was meant as a dig at myself for not being patient but settling for a rudimentary kit, not a jab at this new kit annoucement..lighten up!!!

I was being light! Clearly, I was also too cryptic...

It's happened any number of times that somebody on ARC has either just or nearly completed a rudimentary kit only to have a modern and well detailed kit show up. I searched high and low to find that old Glencoe 1/54 Duck and finally got ahold of one just before Merit released their spiffy 1/48 Duck last year. Similarly, I spent a couple of years getting all the old Hawk 1/48 Golden Age racers and built a couple of them, and now Dora Wings has announced new 1/48 Gee Bee R-1 and R-2 kits. I'm glad I was outbid on the several Otaki 1/144 C-5's offered up on Ebay now that Roden will release one in a couple of months.

Zactoman,  I am very much looking forward to this as a kit after many attempts at the Testors kit and lots of frustration! Thank you! Might I make an observation? The horizontal stabilizer looks kind of flat on the top. Testors did the same thing with their kit. Is this how it is supposed to look? In all the pictures I have looked at it seems to be quite airfoil shaped on the real aircraft, but hey, I have been wrong before! ( just ask my wife) Can't wait to see this in plastic!!!

Regards,

Dale

47 minutes ago, Dale Bohling said:

The horizontal stabilizer looks kind of flat on the top. Testors did the same thing with their kit. Is this how it is supposed to look?

I'm not familiar with the aircraft but I wouldn't be surprised as I believe the stabilizer is to counter pitch-up so lift would point downwards.

I think on the head-on CAD view I can see an airfoil shape on the horizontal stabilizer.

I'm looking forward to this. I had the Testors kit along with the very nice Paragon conversion, but I ended up trading it away. I just didn't feel up to all the work required. I know I could have done it, I just didn't feel like doing it, I guess. However I got a really good trade for a kit I know I'll enjoy building.

Really looking forward to seeing the Bronco. I hope that it's a well done kit (along the lines of a GWH or AMK kit) that only the true nitpickers can find fault with. 

On 2/22/2017 at 3:45 PM, Chris D said:

I just hope that this release proves to be popular enough to justify continuing the series with the civilianized A's, the D's, and the new G+'s evaluated by the Navy.

This being our first kit, we'll be putting out some other subjects first. If this kit is successful we're likely to do other versions.

19 hours ago, B-ONE27 said:

Looking very tenpting....just when I purchased the bare bone Testors kit and have it almost finished of course.. good news is it stalled out on me at the painting stage so this may be just the justification I need to give it  check flight into the garbage can!!

Thank you for your sacrifice. The Modeling Gods heard you and blessed our team with a vision of what kit to release first. :pray:

8 hours ago, Dale Bohling said:

The horizontal stabilizer looks kind of flat on the top. Testors did the same thing with their kit. Is this how it is supposed to look? In all the pictures I have looked at it seems to be quite airfoil shaped on the real aircraft...

It is curved on both the top and bottom as seen here.

Here are a few more pics with links to real Broncos in similar positions.

Bronco_7_sm_zpspaugd1tk.jpg

Similar angle

Bronco_8_sm_zpskifhqdhd.jpg

Similar angle

Bronco_9_sm_zpstp4hbodv.jpg

Similar angle

1 hour ago, Zactoman said:

This being our first kit, we'll be putting out some other subjects first. If this kit is successful we're likely to do other versions.

Thank you for your sacrifice. The Modeling Gods heard you and blessed our team with a vision of what kit to release first. :pray:

It is curved on both the top and bottom as seen here.

Here are a few more pics with links to real Broncos in similar positions.

Bronco_7_sm_zpspaugd1tk.jpg

Similar angle

Bronco_8_sm_zpskifhqdhd.jpg

Similar angle

Bronco_9_sm_zpstp4hbodv.jpg

Similar angle

:worship:

Excellent! Thank you.

On 12/4/2016 at 3:19 PM, Zactoman said:

Our name... Must not be named... (yet)

HazMAT_300_zps4tkyqypy.jpg

Why HazMAT? Because Hangzou Model Art Technologies is too much of a mouthful.

I just created a Facebook page for the company: https://www.facebook.com/Hazmat-Models-195394560944957/

Please visit and throw us a "like"!

This is my first ever experience with Facebook so please bear with me. Any tips are welcome.

On 2/20/2017 at 9:39 AM, Zactoman said:

Thanks Hans! PM sent.

Yes it will include both the 230 gal. and 150 gal. center-line tanks as well as some other goodies.

got it! much thanks!

BTW, from the updated 3d renderings, I'd say, the shape is looking pretty much spot on at this time, the fuselage tail cone is right on the money too :cheers:

Edited by Hans
7 hours ago, Hans said:

BTW, from the updated 3d renderings, I'd say, the shape is looking pretty much spot on at this time, the fuselage tail cone is right on the money too :cheers:

:ditto: