ARC Discussion Forums
Zactoman

1/48 OV-10A Bronco

On 8/28/2017 at 2:04 AM, ChesshireCat said:

I'm already thinking about your next project!!!!

gary

hint: two engines and dark blue paint

P2V Neptune!

2 hours ago, madmanrick said:

P2V Neptune!

Enough with the speculation please. :709-457:

Our next project will be announced soon enough. I can't say what it is yet, but I will say it's not a twin engine blue aircraft. :hmmm:

Focus and repeat after me: "Bronco, Bronco, Bronco"

:cheers:

8 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Focus and repeat after me: "Bronco, Bronco, Bronco"

That's what I like to hear rather than be tempted to appease too many.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:19 PM, dylan said:

looks great for the most part. the second to last shot though has the rudder pedals on the side consoles rather than on the floor.

This is correct for the backseat

On 4/28/2017 at 8:55 PM, Zactoman said:

Thanks for sharing but we'd need to find more detailed pics to do it properly.

Small update. LAU-10/A Zuni rocket pods:

Bronco_38_sm_zpslgy67zfb.jpg

Lots more soon!

Please be sure to include 4 of these! we need to be able to do a 20 Zuni load for the Black Ponies. According to many of the Black Pony related websites and books on the subject, 20 Zuni's was the favorite loadout.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:32 PM, VAL-4 Black Ponies said:

Broncos don't sit on their tails.

Broncos rest on their nose.

Chi Lang, Vietnam circa 1970

106chilang.jpg

Is this when Adm. Zumwalt got a ride?

Personally, I can't wait for each release.  I'm a Bronco fan to start with, and all that detail is just calling my name. Hoping that it's sooner then later. But later is way better then never.

Joel

On 10/11/2017 at 8:47 AM, Winnie said:

Please be sure to include 4 of these! we need to be able to do a 20 Zuni load for the Black Ponies. According to many of the Black Pony related websites and books on the subject, 20 Zuni's was the favorite loadout.

Yes it will include 4.

The kit will also include enough of both types warheads shown for you to pick and choose.

The pointy ones are Mk 63 Mod 0 HE-Frag warheads with a Mk93 Mod 0 proximity fuze.

The shorter ones are Mk 32 Mod 0 AT/ATPERS (anti-tank/anti-personel) warheads with a Mk 188 Mod 0 nose impact fuze. 

The following will be included:

2 X wing pylons
2 X LAU-7A rails
2 X LAU-33 Zuni tubes
4 X LAU-10/A (4 shot Zuni 5")
4 X LAU-68/A (7 shot 2.75")
2 X LAU-69/A (19 shot 2.75")
1 X HIPEG Mk4 gun pod
2 X SUU-11A gun pod
1 centerline fuel tank for USAF
1 centerline fuel tank for USN      

12 hours ago, Hans said:

hi there! any news regarding the test shots? ;)

It's still being tooled. I'm just as anxious as the rest of you and will be posting pics of the test shots when the time comes.

We are currently working on package design and finalizing the decal artwork with AOA Decals.

Instructions won't be completed until we get some test shots to play with to make sure the assembly sequence is best for the modeler, not the guy making the instruction illustrations.

Still no word on price or release date. Since we're already mid-November, sadly I think I can guess that it won't be under your Christmas tree.

6 hours ago, Zactoman said:

It's still being tooled. I'm just as anxious as the rest of you and will be posting pics of the test shots when the time comes.

We are currently working on package design and finalizing the decal artwork with AOA Decals.

Instructions won't be completed until we get some test shots to play with to make sure the assembly sequence is best for the modeler, not the guy making the instruction illustrations.

Still no word on price or release date. Since we're already mid-November, sadly I think I can guess that it won't be under your Christmas tree.

Thanks much for the update sir Chris :thumbsup:

Ah, don't worry about it, take your sweet time, so that anyone who buys the kit will have a sweet build :banana:

P.S. got your e-mail sir, reply sent :nanner:

12 hours ago, Hans said:

Thanks much for the update sir Chris :thumbsup:

Ah, don't worry about it, take your sweet time, so that anyone who buys the kit will have a sweet build :banana:

P.S. got your e-mail sir, reply sent :nanner:

Concur...

Having AOA do the decals is a fantastic decision. I've used their excellent decals on a few builds, and bought one of their 1/32 scale Bronco sheets for the Bronco kit. As I've said, I'm in for at least two kits, and will buy every version that comes out. 

Joel