ARC Discussion Forums
Zactoman

1/48 OV-10A Bronco

11 minutes ago, Hans said:

Hey Larry, if it's not too much trouble, can you provide some visuals for this? I can't seem to picture it out myself, and I really like to try your tip out on mine, thanks much!

Hi Hans,

It's not my tip, but Joel's.

Maybe he can help you.

Larry

5 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

Hi Hans,

It's not my tip, but Joel's.

Maybe he can help you.

Larry

Oh yes, didn't noticed it right away, much thanks!

Joel, requesting your help please in your tip regarding the KH OV-10 landing gear struts, much thanks

9 hours ago, Hans said:

Oh yes, didn't noticed it right away, much thanks!

Joel, requesting your help please in your tip regarding the KH OV-10 landing gear struts, much thanks

Hans,

When you install the landing gear, you need to apply a little pressure while the glue dries so that the gear has a slight positive camber, that's where the top of the wheel is angled towards the fuselage. when the model rests on the gear, the weight will spread the gear slightly so that the gear/wheel is now close to zero camber, thus being as vertical as you can get it. this will prevent the gear from eventually squatting out.   Metal gear struts epoxied in would certainly be a major plus, but like I said Ernie G is just about retired at this point, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to make them.  I know because on LSP they've been asking him to do them, and Ernie still hasn't said yes.

Joel