WTD: 1/32 EC135, EC145, BK117 parts

Hey Gang,

Looking for extra parts if anyone has in their stash that they don't need.

BK-117: Main & tail rotor assembly and mount, glass, EMS interior, stretcher and seats.

EC-135/145: EMS interior, seats, glass.

TIA

John

Ohio-USA

Hi Tim,

I'm up in the other end up in the Cleveland area.  Building some air medical helo's.

All kinds of stuff on the bench.

Revell

1/32 BK-117: Lehigh Medevac (PA), old Med Flight Ohio

1/32 EC-135: Lehigh Medevac and Stat medevac both out of PA.

1/32 EC-145: Alleghany Life Flight (PA) and Metro Life Flight (OH)

1/32:UIH-1D & AH-1G 128th Tomahawks & UH-1H 316th Medical Detachment

1/32 2X 206 Jet Rangers

Heller/Trumpeter

1/48: 360C & 365N Dauphin UW Med Flight (WI),

1/48 365N Dauphin:  Life Lion (PA) West Michigan Air Care, St. Vincent Life Flight(OH)

DML

1/35: MD 500E: Cleveland City Police(OH), Houston Police (TX)

1/35: 500-D: TC's helicopter, red and white demo ship.

1/35 500-C: Old red and white scheme.

Minicraft

1/48 Cessna 152.

Actual Helicopter company desk models from the 60's to 80's.

1/30 Bell: UH-1D, 212, 412, 214B, 222B,, 206 & 206L in civilian schemes.

1/40 Sikorsky S-61L: LA Airways, New York Airways, Carson Helicopters

1/40 Sikorsky S-61R: Carson Helicopters, HH-3 USCG

1/40 Boeing Vertol CH-46: New York Airways, Columbia Helicopters

1/30 Hughes 500-D: Magnum PI ship.

Scratch builds----DON'T ASK. THE ANSWER WILL BE NO.

Sikorsky 1/32: S-76A 1/40th S76A & S-76B.

1/30 EC-130 and 350 Astar.

Now I just need to complete something.

Hi John

Might be able to help you out mate.  Let me take a look when I get home.  Perfect timing as I have my BK on the bench at the moment making some snow shoes/plates for the rear of the skids out of allu sheet. As well as fixing a floor issue that was paralyzing my build.

Those Hueys look nice, especially the 412, I still hope to convert the Revell kit into one of those one day.

Thanks for the inspiration of your marvelous builds!

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

So good to hear from you. Hope all is well down under. 

The Huey's require a lot of work especially detailing and having to scratch build the skids.  The models where rather plain when they made them.  The fuselage is the same and the canopy/nose and doghouse/blades are different for the desired model.  So you have to do some detailing not to mention masking of the canopies.  I did a Huey for a friend some years back.  Totally revamped the interior. 

Picture 84 - Copy.jpg   Picture 82 - Copy.jpg  Picture 146 - Copy.jpg

The medevac Huey I did.

Picture 139 - Copy.jpg

I'll try and post pics of the original models what they looked like.

Thanks for the help!!!

4 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi John

Might be able to help you out mate.  Let me take a look when I get home.  Perfect timing as I have my BK on the bench at the moment making some snow shoes/plates for the rear of the skids out of allu sheet. As well as fixing a floor issue that was paralyzing my build.

Those Hueys look nice, especially the 412, I still hope to convert the Revell kit into one of those one day.

Thanks for the inspiration of your marvelous builds!

Cheers

Anthony

Yep all Good down here in this part of the world.  Apart from a few more earthquakes!

I have some bits for you I think you will like. Will try to get them away before the weekend, but will be Monday (your Sunday) latest next week.

I am intrigued by the 412 kit, what scale are they? And yes I would love to see more pics. Especially your Huey build

Cheers

Anthony

Here's a 412 and 206L.  The 206 models were made from a Jet Ranger fuselage with a 6L exhaust. The Bell's were 1/30th scale. Old model companies that made these were Topping Models, Rolen Plastics and Precise Models all in Ohio all out of business (OOB).  I was a personal friend of the owner of Precise Models which is how I got my hands on the models.  Back in the day (80's) you could buy a finished display model for like $70-$80. Bell sold them for $400 via. Louis Bull PR (OOB) out of Fort Worth, TX. I kick myself for not buying some back in the day. 

b412.jpg

photo from Collect Air

b412a.jpg

Photo from Collect Air

296Lmodel.jpg

Photo by Precise Models LLC.

Awesome work John, and even better subjects! Great to see these among the endless rows of Blackhawks, Cobra's and Hueys that fill these forums!

The detailing on the BK117, Dauphin and JetRanger cockpits is superb! You're lucky to have the Heller 360. That is a kit I can kick myself for not buying a pile of them when they were stille widely available...:crying:

I see you use the Trumpeter 1:48 AS365N- kit. Have you tried the KH kit yet?

:cheers:

Gertjan

Hi Gertjan

So good to hear from you! It's been a while.

Thank you for the kind words.  I scored my Heller 360 Dauphins off of ebay.  Was lucky enough to get it at a real good deal.  There are a lot of kits I wish I would have bought back in the day.  Oh yah. I feel your pain.

I've seen the KH Dauphin and it looks far nicer than the (over rated) Trumpeter.  Quite pricey but I hate to say I'm eying the 1/35th Trumpeter.  It too is pricey.  One of these days.

Cheers

John

3 hours ago, GeejeeZ said:

Awesome work John, and even better subjects! Great to see these among the endless rows of Blackhawks, Cobra's and Hueys that fill these forums!

The detailing on the BK117, Dauphin and JetRanger cockpits is superb! You're lucky to have the Heller 360. That is a kit I can kick myself for not buying a pile of them when they were stille widely available...:crying:

I see you use the Trumpeter 1:48 AS365N- kit. Have you tried the KH kit yet?

:cheers:

Gertjan

• 3 weeks later...

John, Great builds as always!  Been away from building rotorcraft for a while.  Just jumped back on the forum here.  Fantastic progress!  One of these days I'll drag my projects out and get something done!  Oh look, a squirrel! :rolleyes:

David

• 2 weeks later...