1/48 Hobby Boss F3H-2 Demon VF-21

Here's one of my recently completed builds. It's a 1/48 Hobby Boss F3H-2 Demon. Furball Decals for a machine from VF-21. I opted to paint the walkways instead of using decals. Additions to the kit include a resin seat from Aires and the SAC metal gear. I picked the kit up on eBay and the gear came with it. I wasn't blown away with it, as the smaller parts bent out of shape easily. I would use the kit gear if I built another. Paints are from ModelMaster. Panel line wash using The Detailer, black. Comments and critiques welcome!

DSC_0589_zpspwr3qxvj.jpg

DSC_0599_zpsgjs8mk97.jpg

DSC_0600_zpskwa1pz3q.jpg

DSC_0597_zpsddrp0ts0.jpg

DSC_0596_zpsnxhifvml.jpg

DSC_0603_zpshmdofiib.jpg

DSC_0598_zpsolnqubsa.jpg

DSC_0590_zpsectuz9ua.jpg

DSC_0601_zpsal9vz8lz.jpg

DSC_0602_zpsfvloc3xx.jpg

Edited by lockheed2004

Oh, a VERY nicely done Demon! Only thing I might point out would be the refueling probe; ought to be painted the same as the rest of the airframe, with the tip in a dark burnt-iron sort of metal color.

Never enough Demons, especially when they're as well-done as this one. :cheers: 

1 hour ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Oh, a VERY nicely done Demon! Only thing I might point out would be the refueling probe; ought to be painted the same as the rest of the airframe, with the tip in a dark burnt-iron sort of metal color.

Never enough Demons, especially when they're as well-done as this one. :cheers: 

I've got 2 of the F3H-2Ms I'm looking forward to starting.  Lots of colorful markings to choose from for sure!

All the photos I've seen of the Demon online and in the Warpaint book show the probe to be a darker shade of metal.  I'm admittedly off with the steel color I chose.

F3H-2M_of_VF-61_on_USS_Saratoga_(CVA-60)

xF3H-2N+143479+VF-41+AG100+Yuma+Dec-3-59