Paypal shipping question

How does Paypal shipping work?

I have a friend who bought a kit and paid via Paypal on the 19th of November. He got an email from Paypal on the 1st of December, saying the package had shipped, but when he checked the Tracking Number, it said that the shipping label had been created, but the USPS didn't have the package yet. My question is this: does the USPS come and pick up the package from the seller, or is it the seller's responsibility to take the package to the Post Office for mailing?

In my case, the shipping label for my purchase was created on 28 November, but the package hasn't been received by the USPS yet.

Larry

As an occasional private seller I see PayPal shipping (or eBay shipping) as just a tool to create shipping labels. Have to get packages to post office myself or schedule pick up on USPS website depending on the mail type.

I would contact the seller, but USPS isn't great about updating status at times.  I recently sent a package USPS priority mail and it showed the same thing until the day it was out for delivery.  It also took about 4 weeks to be delivered, but I think that was due to the aftermath of  the hurricane we had here and not normal USPS.

I see this same thing when I order from Caracal.  I'm not ragging on Caracal at all, it's just that USPS is Very Slow about updating any tracking info.  I've never had any problems receiving my orders from Caracal. Be patient, good things come to those who wait.

Had this same problem on an item bought on Ebay and paid thru PayPal.  Seller generated the shipping label which showed on the USPS tracking as "shipping label generated by sender" and

it stayed that way for about 4 days.  He hadn't taken it to the PO yet.  Tracking hadn't started as

the PO didn't get it until 4 days after he generated the shipping label.  Once they had it in

their system the tracking process began.  Bottom line the seller has to get it to the PO shortly

after generating the shipping label or have the 

the process in place for the PO to pick it up his location.  Have had this happen on several occasions.

Cheers,

Jerry

Edited by k5ikl
49 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

Had this same problem on an item bought on Ebay and paid thru PayPal.  Seller generated the shipping label which showed on the USPS tracking as "shipping label generated by sender" and

it stayed that way for about 4 days.  He hadn't taken it to the PO yet.  Tracking hadn't started as

the PO didn't get it until 4 days after he generated the shipping label.  Once they had it in

their system the tracking process began.  Bottom line the seller has to get it to the PO shortly

after generating the shipping label or have the 

the process in place for the PO to pick it up his location.  Have had this happen on several occasions.

Cheers,

Jerry

I don't understand why people do that, or at least not for more than a day or two.  I ship stuff often, I print the label in the evening, schedule a pickup from USPS and they are on their way the next day.  

9 hours ago, nspreitler said:

I don't understand why people do that, or at least not for more than a day or two.  I ship stuff often, I print the label in the evening, schedule a pickup from USPS and they are on their way the next day.  

I don't understand it neither. My friend's shipping label was created on 1 December, for a 2-day Priority Mail package. Still no status update or package delivery.

My label was created on 28 November for a First Class package. Same issue - no status update or package delivery.

Both individuals/"companies" deal on this and other modeling forums on a regular basis. :dontknow:

Larry

UPDATE:

My friend's package, which had the shipping label printed by the seller on 1 December, was picked up by the mail carrier today (8 December) and is due to be delivered on Monday the 12th.

Based upon other people's comments on the different forums, this is standard service for this individual. :tumble:

My package was delivered to the Post Office on the 6th, 8 days after the label was created. I should get it tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

...My package was delivered to the Post Office on the 6th, 8 days after the label was created. I should get it tomorrow.

8 days sure seems like an awfully longtime from label generation to delivery to the post office, especially when the post office will come and collect it from you at your place of residence or wherever if you ask them to.