stocking stuffers for modelers

I don't like getting a bunch of random stuff for Christmas but my wife's family loves to get people lots of small gifts (stocking stuffers) and they want to know what I want, or otherwise I get random crap. If they insist on wasting money on me, I'd at least like them to get me hobby stuff, but I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas on small inexpensive gifts that would be useful hobby stuff (I've already included things like xacto blade sets)

Consumables like knife blades, sanding sticks, or even bottles of paint if you give them the brand and colors you need for a project. Maybe even paint brushes.  Depending on your needs, maybe Tamiya masking tape, Airbrush color cups, airbrush bottles, stuff like that.

7 hours ago, RKic said:

I don't like getting a bunch of random stuff for Christmas but my wife's family loves to get people lots of small gifts (stocking stuffers) and they want to know what I want, or otherwise I get random crap. If they insist on wasting money on me, I'd at least like them to get me hobby stuff, but I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas on small inexpensive gifts that would be useful hobby stuff (I've already included things like xacto blade sets)

The nicest thing to get as a stocking stuffer is a leg in a stocking.    Suggest you talk to wife...

John Hairell

(tpn18@yahoo.com)

17 minutes ago, FM-Whip said:

The nicest thing to get as a stocking stuffer is a leg in a stocking.    Suggest you talk to wife...

John Hairell

(tpn18@yahoo.com)

Lol.

I love the idea, but the stocking stuffer is from her mother, and I don't want to see that leg in a stocking. She'd need a trawling net to fit around those oak trunks. 

Not exactly a stocking stuffer,  but someone can purchase a gift card from Scale Hobbyist and have it sent to your email address for you to redeem, I've ordered from them numerous times and find their prices better then Sprue Bros.

My wife always gets me modeling supplies for Christmas to put in my stocking or to wrap up in a box. Perfect Putty (love this stuff), Squadron Putty, super glue(s), Tamiya Extra Thin, good old fashioned Testors Tube Glue (yes I still use that), new X-Acto blades, new sanding sticks, new paint brushes in various sizes and stiffness, Tamiya paints and primers, toothpicks, different sizes of wire, masking materials...honestly she does a great job getting things I need and/or use so that I don't need too much throughout the year.

Heck give them a list and let them have at it. I'd rather have a list of things a person needs/wants then to get something they don't need or want.

Good luck!