LF 1/32 VF-31 Tomcatter 107 decals

As the title says, I'm trying to find decals to build VF-31 Tomcatter 107, the F-14D to fly during the F-14 retirement ceremony. This bird is on display at a local aviation museum, so I'd love to build this particular aircraft.

I've been able to find several sheets for 100 & 102, both of which were at the Ceremony, but neither actually flew. 102 I believe was one of the static aircraft, and I believe 100 was originally supposed to do the final flight but it "broke down" prior to taking off. 

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I'm going to have to piece the markings together and have custom decals made for the pilot names.

Looking at doing this in 1/32 w/ the Trumpeter F-14D kit.

On 12/6/2016 at 10:11 PM, Adam Baker said:

As the title says, I'm trying to find decals to build VF-31 Tomcatter 107, the F-14D to fly during the F-14 retirement ceremony. This bird is on display at a local aviation museum, so I'd love to build this particular aircraft.

Do you frequent the museum at Hickory? I'm a member there, and try to get to our monthly meetings.  Maybe we'll bump into one another some day.

No, I haven't, but I've been thinking about it for quite some time. I've been a member of the model club in Gastonia since 1994, and have recently started going to the club meetings at the Hobby Town in Mooresville.

I know there were several members at the Nationals. I really wanted to go but couldn't make it work out. Really sucked having it that close and not being able to finally make it to one.

When are the Hickory club meetings? Maybe I can try getting out for the next one.

We meet the fourth Saturday of the month, usually at 1pm, although sometimes we start a little early.  No meeting in December - actually, we had a holiday lunch last Saturday - next meeting should be January 28 (although I won't be there...)  They usually post updates on Facebook or on the museum's website.  Meetings are in the main terminal, the museum is housed in the terminal along with aircraft on the ramp.

Ah., great, thanks for that info. I'm still hoping to maybe track a sheet down to do it in 1/32, but if not, I'll definitely look for the 1/48 sheet, and will let you know if I need something special. Hoping in the next few weeks to make a trip out to the airport where Felix 107 is at so that I can get a bunch of pictures for reference.

• 4 months later...
On 12/10/2016 at 10:53 PM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

You know, I do have the 107 jet done. We released in in 1/48 on 48065... For any black markings, I may be able to help out with a custom set...

-brian

Looks like I may take you up on your offer if it's still good Brian. I recently picked up an F-14D kit in 1/48, so now I'm working on trying to track down the 48065 sheet.