Just got home from trip.

I got home last evening...then spent 20 hours in bed.  The trip was very relaxing for all 3 of us.  I got off the plane at the Vancouver airport wearing bermuda shorts and a t-shirt....everyone in the airport was all dressed for winter...which seemed weird...so I changed into jeans etc and went outside to temps slightly above freezing and a dusting of snow on the side of the road.  Rumour has it that it will warm up in a few days.

It is good to be home....I'll begin daily updates tomorrow. 

Thanks for your patience while I was gone....that is much appreciated.

We had the sun in our eyes...that's why our daughter has her head down.

beach.jpg

We were on the resort island of Boracay, Philippines.  The weather there changes very fast hence the dark clouds behind us and we're squinting into the sun.  My wife and daughter are remaining there for now until I can complete their immigration to Canada.  After 3 weeks....it's easy to ponder building a little cottage on some deserted beach and retiring and only doing ARC.  My city...70 miles north of Seattle is having a cold front with temps below freezing and snow forcasted.  We haven't had snow in over 10 years.  It's a bit of a shock to the system. 

Steve

You are right the weather in the  Philippines changes fast. I remember when at Cubi Point I was in the cockpit of one of our F/A-18A's when what was suppose to be a little shower turned into a 45 minute monsoon. I don't think I have ever sweated that much before. Glad you all had a great time on your vacation and welcome back!

Yup...we'd go out in wonderful weather and find ourselves caught in a rain storm 30 minutes later with no umbrella.  My daughter and I had a grand time at the beach and I showed her the finer aspects of using air mattresses.  My wife enjoyed it because for 3 weeks she only cooked a few times and we had all our meals at restaurants, so it gave her a vacation.  They were both in tears after I left and our daughter had quite the crying session the evening before I left......it's really tough.....the last time I saw them was in April.