• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's a pity .... I found quite a pile of the regular Gayblades from the mid 70s and also plenty of the squadron birds in the bicentennial colors, albeit I'm afraid there's not much of your specific serial in that bicentennial camo in addition to the one you already have. I got a lot of 9612 as a VF-33 and -102 bird and also some of her in the regular early VF-32 colors with the yellow stripes but there's only so much of her in the bicentennial scheme, i,e, with the red and blue stripes and the extra swords. However, I was able to dig up a shot of the starboard site, two shots on the carrier and two close ups.

Seems the bird was only one of a handful that already had the two louvre gun grill and you are free to properly weather the bird as it seems. Also note that despite the overal gloss finish at least the tailfin must have lost the gloss rather quickly. Hence maybe a soft satin shine would be more appropriate for your model?!

Hope that helps and happy modelling.

27958467kt.jpg

27958468hd.jpg

27958469gj.jpg

27958470nk.jpg

27958471bg.jpg