Eduard 1/48 F6F Mk.I Hellcat - Step by step video build.

Hi everyone.

This is my new project, which will be presented as video build series.

Episode 1. - The cockpit 
This episode will take You through the assembly, painting and weathering, of the cockpit, in out of the box manner. 

Hope you like it.

All comments are welcomed.

Best regards

M.

Thanks guys :)

On 12/9/2016 at 4:44 AM, aquilotto said:

fantastic !!!!!! is super glue the one you are using? for the metal part?and the second song do you know the title? thanks

I use superglue or white glue depending on how much time I think will be needed to adjust the piece or how strong the bond needs to be. The song is "Don't look" from Silent partner.

On 12/9/2016 at 6:52 AM, Major Walt said:

Beautifully done progress clip!  I learned a lot from watching it. Loved the soothing background music too. This a winner all the way around!

Happy to hear that :)

Best regards

M.

Excellent video.  Thank you and looking forward to the next ones.  After looking at the video it appeared that you didn't use a primer before painting, was wondering if you normally did that and the reason why.  I was under the impression that you should always use a primer.

Thank you

Thanks CBREEZE!  I do use primer (Mr.Surfacer 1500) but for the surfaces where the paint will have to cope with handling or other mechanical influence.  For the interior, the paints I use (Mr.Color acrylics), usually behave well on just washed plastic.  Also I came to the conclusion that the nitro-cellulose based range of Mr.Color is "hot" enough to bond well to plastic.

Best regards

M.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. 
Episode two is ready and will take You through the upgrading, assembly, painting and weathering, of the Prat & Whitney R-2800 Engine that comes with the kit.

For your better viewing experience it is in 1080p.

Thanks for watching and don't forget to subscribe. 
Best regards 
M.

• 1 month later...

Hello,
Episode III - Assembly is ready.
This episode will walk you trough the various steps of assembling the scale model. Along with that you will see how some scratch built details affect the overall appearance of this scale model.

Best regards
M.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. 
Episode 4 is ready and you can watch it on the link: 

Episode 4 of the video build series will take you trough the various steps of masking and painting the scale model. The FAA scheme plus the invasion stripes and the red nose add up to a very colorful airplane. To get even better results several layers of effects will be added in the painting stage to aid the subsequent weathering. 

Enjoy!
Best regards 
M.

• 1 month later...

Hello all

Episode 5 of the Eduard 1/48 F6F-3 video build series is ready and you can go trough the various steps of weathering the scale model. Here you can see how I weather the decals, apply pin wash, salt weathering, chipping, oil dot filters, exhaust stains, fuel and oil stains and dust.

As always, don't forget to subscribe :)

Best regards

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone 
I am happy to announce that the last episode of the F6F video build is ready! 
Episode 6 of the Eduard 1/48 scale F6F-3 (Mk.I) Hellcat video build series will take you trough the final assembly steps of scale model build. Here you can also see how the finished Grumman F6F 3 Hellcat scale model looks. 

If you want to be a subscriber click here: bit.ly/mmscalemodels 

Best regards

M.

Edited by Metodi Metodiev