An interesting thread that shows the dangers encountered by members of all militaries. 

Regarding the General's body armor.  I'm surprised he wouldn't have a special one made to suit his special needs.

I guess the late holder pocket placement would depend on if he was left or right handed.  The brie and crackers could go into almost any pocket available.

It's only fair, sometimes I could manage to have a couple pieces of jerky in my shirt pocket under my flak jacket.  I just might have to keep it wrapped in plastic wrap to avoid monsoons.

On 12/20/2016 at 3:39 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Thanks for the 411.  Didn't know rotors had lateral movement capability.

Only rotors of the Fully Articulated variety where the blades are free to flap up and down, feather (change pitch), and lea/lag or Hunt. I have had it properly exactly 1 time in my career of 18 years, but you'll know it when you have it.

Currently limited to flying bell medium sized products with only 2 paddles, and they being semi-rigid, can't get Ground Resonance, due to no lead and lag.

• 5 months later...

No video but I stumbled upon this Army recruiting ad.  Circa early 70's, post-Vietnam when the military was desperate to get recruits in the door.   Anyone who was drawn to the service by this ad is probably someone you don't want in the service.

A commitment to eliminate "make work projects"?  That is just wrong.

join-you960.jpg

On 5/27/2017 at 8:08 AM, 11bee said:

No video but I stumbled upon this Army recruiting ad.  Circa early 70's, post-Vietnam when the military was desperate to get recruits in the door.   Anyone who was drawn to the service by this ad is probably someone you don't want in the service.

A commitment to eliminate "make work projects"?  That is just wrong.

join-you960.jpg

LOL 40 years on and these are all still lies. 

Actually fun to see unnecessary formations go back that long. connected from past to present and future 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 11bee said:

LOL...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/world/asia/afghanistan-army-uniform-camouflage.html

Millions spent on camo uniforms for the Afghans.  Instead of using one of the free US patterns, we paid for a trademarked Canadian design that isn't even suitable to the conditions over there. 

Ah but the Afghan uniforms have zippers...

:rolleyes: