Air Force One cancelled.

4 hours ago, superannuated said:

That in itself is scary. If you think that he is "a career businessman and thinks like one even when he will be POTUS", guess you don't care about Social Security.

I'm sorry but when did President [elect] Trump say anything about not caring about Social Security? I mean I followed the 2016 US election cycle from pre-primaries through  to the general and  do not recall him mentioning anything  about not caring for Social Security. In fact I recall him staying he will keep it funded and even keep the retirement  age to 65. 

5 hours ago, Gordon Shumway said:

I'm sorry but when did President [elect] Trump say anything about not caring about Social Security? I mean I followed the 2016 US election cycle from pre-primaries through  to the general and  do not recall him mentioning anything  about not caring for Social Security. In fact I recall him staying he will keep it funded and even keep the retirement  age to 65. 

Only problem with that is he hasn't explained how he will do it.  He's got many plans for increased spending, including drastically up-sizing the military, helping corporations keep business in the US (apparently through multi-million dollar tax breaks), building Great Walls and keeping SS funded.   Only minor problem is that none of his plans mention in any detail how all this will be funded since he's also promised significant corporate tax breaks.  To get the necessary funds, he's only mentioned that he'll save billions by going after entitlement programs (wait, isn't SS one of those?).   Can't sweat minor points like those I suppose.  I'm confident it will all work out.

There is going to be a long gap between what trump's opponents say he does vs what he says he does vs what he actually does. 

The problem is people do not listen to what others say, but listen to what OTHERS say they say. 

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
5 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Only problem with that is he hasn't explained how he will do it.  He's got many plans for increased spending, including drastically up-sizing the military, helping corporations keep business in the US (apparently through multi-million dollar tax breaks), building Great Walls and keeping SS funded.   Only minor problem is that none of his plans mention in any detail how all this will be funded since he's also promised significant corporate tax breaks.  To get the necessary funds, he's only mentioned that he'll save billions by going after entitlement programs (wait, isn't SS one of those?).   Can't sweat minor points like those I suppose.  I'm confident it will all work out.

This is a total first

Boeing is more concerned about Trump's foreign trade policies than about this "trumped up" AF1 story.  Look at how much business Boeing does with China and how China's reaction to Trump's proposed 35% import tariffs could affect Boeing's business there. We're talking the potential for trillions, not mere billions......

39 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Boeing is more concerned about Trump's foreign trade policies than about this "trumped up" AF1 story.  Look at how much business Boeing does with China and how China's reaction to Trump's proposed 35% import tariffs could affect Boeing's business there. We're talking the potential for trillions, not mere billions......

Agreed.  Nothing like a global trade war with our biggest economic partner to stimulate our economy.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some of BA's existing orders with China cancelled, just so they can demonstrate their displeasure with Trump's call with the Taiwanese president.   

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

Trump could kill Boeing.

I pity that Americans don't realize how dangerous his ideals are. 

5 hours ago, 11bee said:

No politicians  during election campaigns  say how they  truly will do most of  anything.  Trump is only different in that he thinks   differently   than  a true politician. This what endears him to his  base and scares the Hell out of the establishment. How he will be a POTUS remains to be seen but he is   changing things  even  now  only as President elect.

That said SS has a  road through Congress and  not just the W.H.

Edited by Gordon Shumway

Boeing will be just fine. There will be no trade war with China.  But  China and any  others  can't just    expect business as usual  under Trump. It's ok for the USA to  stand  up for itself.

The USA does  control the roost. Every intelligent nation wants to do  business with  the USA. Trump   sees that  and how the USA has the proverbial hammer  and not any  other including  China. IT WILL BE OK FOLKS AND LIKELY BETTER NOW! How about  we let the man    be sworn into office first? There will be time enough  for  his naysayers    to build   his  crucifix ok?

Edited by Gordon Shumway
On 12/9/2016 at 10:32 AM, MacStingy said:

So Trump has cancelled his new ride. What are my friends to the south saying about this? Our PM has an Airbus. Is this like showing up to the front of the Oscars in a Hyundai? Has Boeing just gotten too comfortable? Leave politics out or I'll get blacklisted.

I think that pretty much sums up what the OP was looking to not have happen.
Trust me MacStingy, I won't be putting you on any blacklists for this. Maybe one of the Gunship Grey ones.
:taunt:
I think this has run the full course. Thank you for your input and all that.

Al P
ARC Moderation Team

Edited by Alvis 3.1