Kitty Hawk SH-2G Super Seasprite 1/48th scale.

On 12/12/2016 at 1:16 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Sprues D and E (B and C below)

Sprues%202_zpsqc1kjdx1.jpg

Sprues%201_zpsjmsfm70l.jpg

On 22/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, parche said:

I don't see the right bits to actually mount a maverick. I don't see the rail and I'm not sure the stub pylon is right. Am I missing them in the pics? Would be easy enough mods to make, just wanted to know. Gonna order one regardless. 

Dave

G'day Dave,

I have the kit.

The larger angled stores pylons  (C9, C10) - top picture) as well as the LAU-117s (C19, C20) are on ethe C sprue.. The D sprue has the suspension units (D11-D14) and the E sprue contains the pylon support struts (E35-E37)

The torpedoes look a little simplistic, the twin screws are just represented as solid discs. I know these can have protective covers fitted over them, but they look like Kinetic just tried to save money here as they figured the aftermarket boys would include the screws in a PE set. The Mavs look okay, the seekers are moulded solid integrally with the fuselage. They will look nice painted up but you could always replace them with AM stuff if so inclined. The kits features PE belts for the front two seats  but none for the cabin.   The cyclic and collectives look pretty nice and crisp, but no torque pedals are included at all. Parts F55/56 simulate the torque pedal mechanism, but only what can be seen through the lower quarter widows. I am not sure if the torque pedals would be easily visible if you are looking inside the cockpit  through one of the open doors, again some scope for the aftermarket boys to do their thing.

Like many of the KH releases so far, this kit is a real jigsaw puzzle. Dry fit looks promising. As Floyd already mentioned, take your time and test fit, and parts clean up will be the key as the fit can be influenced by mould flash on mating surfaces . Some of the sub - assembly build ups look a little overcomplicated, but still worthwhile as the surface detail that has been packed into the parts is really nice. You will need to decide which sub-variant you want to build as some parts i.e the wheel sponsons and nose are version specific and you will end up with leftover bits. If you want to build a clean helo, you will also need to plug up some fuselage openings as the kit comes with these four positions already open.

It looks like it will be a really nice kit,

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy121
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/12/2016 at 1:51 AM, Loach Driver said:

It looks like the kit has the inset FLIR for the current NZ version (ex-Australian airframes).

Kittyhawk+SH-2G+Super+Seasprite+%25281%2

1978314.jpg?v=v40 

It might need a few additional lumps and bumps and that big towel-rail antenna but certainly looks possible with this kit.

LD.

Those are SH-2G(NZ) aircraft which were never Australian aircraft, but were new build G airframes built for NZ.

The RAN purchased remanufactured F airframes, designated SH-2G(A), which are now designated SH-2G(I) and have replaced the SH-2G(NZ) in RNZAF service.