1/32 F-4E Stencils in Grey?

Hobbydecal F-4E Rocaf

Maybe a try to look at: decals for a 1/32 F-4E from south korea, but it is a grey phantom, so the stencil could fit? There are also slime lights!

They have also black or white panel numbers for the phinest phighter...1/32. But all are dry transfers (hey, no silvering!!)

Are you looking for stencils for a Hill Gray jet? I don't think any are available. When I built my F-4E in Hill Gray years ago, I had to piece the stencils together from sheets from Leading Edge, Aeromaster, and CAM, IIRC. I don't think the recent Speed Hunter Graphics decals provide any stencils. Fortunately, the Hill Gray jets didn't have very many. 

Ben

On 12/10/2016 at 3:02 PM, Danaos said:

Hi captain, unfortunatelly there are no grey stencils in 32nd. ICARUS produced them only in 48th scale.

For some very strange reason they only produced White and Black stencilling in 1/32 as 32002 and 32001 respectively.

One option is to paint them.   The Gray stencils used in the Hill Gray scheme are of the "No Push",  No Step", etc  type and Eduard makes PE Template masks for these and some of the set symbols just for the F-4's.   Several of each stencil are included in the fret set and they can be cleaned and reused many times.  Some of the other warnings stencils are still in Red , Yellow, black and the regular decals can be used here.

I am starting  1/32 F-4G build of the jet that is in the USAF Museum, and I plan on painting on  the stencils.   I first used the Eduard templates on my last F-4C build in Black and they were easy to use, just make sure you practice first to get the paint and the Air Brush settings right before painting them for keeps.   I clear coat over the color paint using Testors Glosscoat in the areas I plan for the painted stencils and use acrylic to paint the stencils themselves.  That way you can easily wipe it off and redo to get them to look good if you screw it up.

Hope this helps,

Gary

10 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Are you looking for stencils for a Hill Gray jet? I don't think any are available. When I built my F-4E in Hill Gray years ago, I had to piece the stencils together from sheets from Leading Edge, Aeromaster, and CAM, IIRC. I don't think the recent Speed Hunter Graphics decals provide any stencils. Fortunately, the Hill Gray jets didn't have very many. 

Ben

Ben,

Doing a Hellenic AF bird in the Aegean Ghost scheme so stencils are in grey (dark). Depending on the state the aircraft is in (either freshly painted or super dirty) the stencils can be seen at varying degrees of contrast. I have the Isradecal stencil set and from some quick checks of reference pics, they are the same (where I can see) except that the Isradecal set is in black so I might just put these on and blend them in a bit by overspraying some grey on them. The Icarus Hellenic Phantom set has a few of the stencils that are more predominant like the ejector seat warning triangles etc so I'll have to mix and match like you did.

3 hours ago, ghatherly said:

One option is to paint them.   The Gray stencils used in the Hill Gray scheme are of the "No Push",  No Step", etc  type and Eduard makes PE Template masks for these and some of the set symbols just for the F-4's.   Several of each stencil are included in the fret set and they can be cleaned and reused many times.  Some of the other warnings stencils are still in Red , Yellow, black and the regular decals can be used here.

I am starting  1/32 F-4G build of the jet that is in the USAF Museum, and I plan on painting on  the stencils.   I first used the Eduard templates on my last F-4C build in Black and they were easy to use, just make sure you practice first to get the paint and the Air Brush settings right before painting them for keeps.   I clear coat over the color paint using Testors Glosscoat in the areas I plan for the painted stencils and use acrylic to paint the stencils themselves.  That way you can easily wipe it off and redo to get them to look good if you screw it up.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Gary,

I have this set and will use where I can. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

are they the same ones onto the Geasels?

Not sure. Can anyone advise?