Hobbyboss F-14a issues

Hi guys,

just wondering what what some of the major issues with the Hobbyboss F-14a. I am not looking for a Hobbyboss bash thread, nor am I after any sell it and get the Tamiya kit. Is there an idiots guide at all, with a how to?

cheers, Chris 

It was a somewhat trying build, though naturally I caused a little chaos. I couldn't get a good fit where the Sparrow panel goes just under the forward fuselage and ended up using lots of filler and re-scribing lost detail, which included the myriad of rivets. If I have any real beef with the kit, it seems like there were entirely too many rivets and parts. I put a lot in the spares box. Aside from that I think Hasegawa is still easier, mainly because I have done 4 of them. I will not be building anymore HB, from this point forward I am going with the Tamiya kit and use the 2 Hasegawa kits left in the stash. In fact, the SWMBO wants me to build them before I invest in any more kits. I have only just started to assemble some bits and pieces, but merely test fitting shows the incredible advantage. Considering I pay close to $80 for the HB kit from Spruebrothers and around $90 for the Tamiya kit, it's an easy decision.