Anigrand 1/144 C-5B Galaxy

hi guys

Its been a while since I last posted anything here, but this may be of interest to some of you. Its the Anigrand C-5 Galaxy kit painted in the Euro1 Camo scheme (so much more interesting than BOG)

I also used the Draw Decals set but only for the cockpit windows - nothing else as the walkway ones just split or slivered and didn't stay on. I was very disappointed in them and sadly will not use them again.

I have to admit, despite everything negative you hear about Anigrand, they are a great kit to put together. I thoroughly enjoyed building this and as such, I am half way through their 1/72 VC-10 and I have the 1/72 C-98 Clipper to do yet. It's much easier to get a blended body half with resin than plastic. Warpage is also easy to fix - pour boiling water over it and reshape it - done. I did not have to do anything like that with this kit though. The VC10 however is another story altogether but I am still enjoying it

I know there are shape issues with this kit - especially with the nose but also allegedly with the sponsons (but buggered if I could spot the issue) however - TBH - I don't give a crap - it looks like a C- Galaxy and it's on my shelf!

IMG_4046_zpsfjbwacix.jpg

IMG_4047_zpsp6qyebfg.jpg

IMG_4054_zpsqojy02ge.jpg

IMG_4055_zpsfljn7roa.jpg

IMG_4053_zpslqox5zlx.jpg

IMG_4052_zpsqmfeeelg.jpg

IMG_4051_zps2a0c3a9l.jpg

IMG_4048_zpsh6ellgwm.jpg

it's baby brother - in this case the Roden C-141

IMG_4081_zpsmg6mubnc.jpg

Well, that's it but thanks for looking

MH

14 years and over 3000 hours in C-5A/B models. The A's were gray and white when I started flying them at Travis. An M model was here for the air show this summer from my old squadron at Travis (22MAS) and they gave me a full tour of it. I'm still impressed at how much that airplane can haul...kept us loadmasters busy that's for sure. Great looking model....thanks for the memories.