ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
folkwally

Avro Lancaster 'Uncle Joe'

A good friend of mine has discovered that her father and uncle both crewed the 'Ton Up' Lancaster 'Uncle Joe'. I'd really like to make her a model of this aircraft but I'm having trouble sourcing the decals. I believe they were made by Tally Ho! under the reference number 72 042. Anyone out there have a set or know where I could get them?

No promises, but I may have those. Unfortunately my decal stash and I are currently about 75 mile apart and I wont be able to check until late next week.

If you do have them Chuck that would be great.

I've managed to source the decals for 'Uncle Joe Again' which I believe was the replacement aircraft as it has the same call sign but I would still like to build the original.

Yes, I was reasonably certain I had a Tally Ho Lancaster sheet, wasn't sure if it was the correct one. I do have the 'Uncle Joe' decal sheet and have enough other Lancaster decal sheets to satisfy any Lanc building urge I may ever have.

I am literally out in the snowy woods for Christmas/New Year but I will bring the decal sheet back to civilization Jan 1 or 2 and get an estimate for postage then

Chuck

That's absolutely great Chuck. Do you have a PayPal account? If so I'll send you the cost of the decals and the postage.

A very merry Christmas to you. Sounds like you have the weather for it.

Many thanks and regards.

Ross

I'll let you know, and yes, I do have a PayPal account. I'll send you a PM when I get back to include costs and address

Great, I look forward to hearing from you. Turns out 'Uncle Joe Again' is a bit of a red herring as, in spite of having the same squadron I.D. it was a different crew.

Regards

Ross

Presented my model of 'Uncle Joe' to my friend last night. She was really pleased.

Lancaster Uncle Jo  4 comp web.JPG

Ross, 'Uncle Joe' looks great. Glad I was able to help you complete the project