Hasegawa UN Hind 1/72 02192, what's in the box?

HLJ has the UN 1/72 Hind on sale showing the Hind F (P) with the twin cannon mounted on the fuselage sides and the drop tanks in UN liver.

http://hlj.com/product/HSG02192/Air

Anybody know which kit is actually in the box?

Is it their F kit with the cannon?

Are the drop tanks included?

The write-up includes " Resin and photo-etched metal detail parts are also included. "

The orig kit had etched wiper blades, any idea what the resin parts are? 

Thanks,

Mike

11 hours ago, Pep said:

Very much, thanks!

Looks like the photoetch is the standard Hind fret and it looks like the resin parts are the fuselage mounted flare dischargers and the fuselage bulges.  And the storage pods on the wing pylons are NOT included, even though they figure prominently on the boxtop image.

If I were filling big box, I might toss one in, but at that pricepoint, even on sale, I'll probably pass.

Well to be fair the box top is a photo of the real thing not what's in the box. I get you would like that to be in the kit but then you would also like the model to correct too. I would not use the Hasegawa kit if you want to a realistic Hind. Use the Zvezda kit, IIRC it's the only 1/72 with the Hind twist.

If you want those tanks https://www.scalemates.com/kits/999861-heli-resin-kits-tc72075-external-fuel-tank-450-litres-ptb-450

Tank, thanks for the steer on the tanks. I'll have to look around for a US source. 

On the 'what's ON the box vs whats IN the box' issue, if I am spending extra for  a 'special limited issue' to model a particular vehicle from a particular photo (used as the boxtop art), I'm going to want what is ON the box to be IN the box. 

1 hour ago, Mike D said:

On the 'what's ON the box vs whats IN the box' issue, if I am spending extra for  a 'special limited issue' to model a particular vehicle from a particular photo (used as the boxtop art), I'm going to want what is ON the box to be IN the box. 

Like I said I get that. At the same time there is basic issues with the kit in general. It's also their MO, to reissue old plastic (1987 molding in this case) with new decals for an outrageous price. Not saying I agree but that's what they do. Look at the 1/72 F-18 kits.

PEP is correct, the two newer boxing's (7276, 7293) have the tanks but not the Hind A kit.  Also the newer Revell (04839), Eduard (2116) and Academy (12253) kits as they are copies of the Zvezda kits.

I would get one of the newer kits, an old cheap boxing of that kit and just use the cannons or wait as I am sure Zvezda will make one.

HTH

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Like I said I get that. At the same time there is basic issues with the kit in general. It's also their MO, to reissue old plastic (1987 molding in this case) with new decals for an outrageous price. Not saying I agree but that's what they do. Look at the 1/72 F-18 kits.

PEP is correct, the two newer boxing's (7276, 7293) have the tanks but not the Hind A kit.  Also the newer Revell (04839), Eduard (2116) and Academy (12253) kits as they are copies of the Zvezda kits.

I would get one of the newer kits, an old cheap boxing of that kit and just use the cannons or wait as I am sure Zvezda will make one.

HTH

Hasegawa is weird that way, I know. Add to that the no weapons in many modern birds, and re-re-repops of older kits with new decals.. well, lets just say that now I know to ask first BEFORE checking out. So thanks to all for saving my wallet from the kit.

As for the Zvezda kits,  I am not much of a 'drive train' modeler, so the engine/transmission etc for the interior is not a deal breaker for me. 

The twisted fuselage is not something 99.99% of the world would even notice, nor 99% of modelers. 

If I were a less scrupulous person, I might even 'claim' I corrected the twist on a kit when putting it on a show table -grin-

But as the gold standard in current Hinds, I will be keeping an eye out for them. I've got a BUNCH of Linden Hill decals to use. 

But the what's on the box vs what's in the box thing really bugs me.

Masterbox is TERRIBLE about this with their modern figure sets. For example; the box art for their 'Somewhere in the Middle east' figure set shows a quartet of 'special' troops and a hooded captive, all (save the captive) tricked out with gucci weapons, sights, designators and grips... what's in the box? Ak's and a weird ak with an M4 collapsible stock.. yes I can kit my special friends out with Live Resin gear, but I have to dip back into the slush fund for that too..

Happy Hind-ing all,

Mike