Advice for Model Projects

Hey everyone so I have been kicking around the last month or so which direction to choose for my modeling the next few months and I am a bit stuck. Once upon a time I could do a big project and keep it in the background while working on other projects. I keep finding myself trying that before the voice in my head says "You don't have time for both now, you must pick" I am basically stuck between doing a

big project (1/32 tomcat conversion) with lots of work involved and a long timeline

several smaller projects, that would hopefully be done in a few weeks (1/48 subjects) 

or lastly just going for broke and knocking out lots of very little projects in an even shorter span (1/72) 

there is a fourth option I am thinking of where I just basically go for broke and tackle whatever gives me fast results-- no matter the scale, its about finishing fast. No pretty details picked out, solid 5 footers but its all about the art..

Right now I am leaning towards the big project. 

Any thoughts from anyone? advice? I only have about 4 months ahead before all hell breaks lose

I don’t know you or your habits so it's hard to give good advice, but for me I’m finding that I can work on no more than two models at one time. As I get older I’m finding that I’d rather build more models than fewer more detailed models. You’ll have to consider what you most enjoy about the hobby and find a project strategy that satisfies you.

Steven Brown
Scale Model Soup

Passion, interest, and desire are key in my opinion. You need to go with what your gut is telling you because what works for me or someone else in all likelihood won't work for you. I personally need to see steady and regular results/progress so my patience for lengthy projects just isn't there. But others are very happy with longer more detailed projects. In the end its obviously your choice and only you know what direction to take. If its the big project then have at it and enjoy!

Cheers!

One at a time for me. After a long build, I tell myself "this next one will be a therapy build", but invariably that too turns into a big project itself. It's so difficult to dial down your standards/expectations. If you think that is not an issue, I of course vote for the Tomcat! 

The whole point of a hobby is to have fun. I've seen my modeling perspective change over time. Once upon a time I'd want to make sure very little detail was absolutely correct. As time has gone on, I've found myself just having fun. In fact, at Nationals in Omaha, I'll be vending under the Steel Beach banner and I'm thinking of having a huge sell off...kits, decals, books...and simply starting over. Whatever floats my boat, I'll build it, as long as I'm having fun.